ADVERTISEMENT

Jaden Davis' time of mediocrity...

It's hard to tell how good any OU defensive back has been, given the lack of a poor pass rush.
Opposing QBs get too much time in the pocket against OU's defense each year. It is not just about the number of sacks, but also the number of hurried throws.
This year's defensive line will likely be average at best unless things change quickly.
A team that yielded 30 points per game last season has a lot of overhauling to do... at every position.

I think BV addressed that by bringing in some end rushers through the portal. I also believe we will see more blitzes from the LB position, there are guys at that LB that can flat-out move. Look for Kanak to be one who is in the backfield putting pressure on the QB. I think that 30 will be somewhere done to around 21.

I can't imagine he would get much NIL money. Why would anyone pay him a dime? He is not a recognizable name or player to most people
NFL has free agency. What they count on. Along with their ownership and cancellation of the NCAA. Git where I'm goin? A far gone conclusion brother. Imo.

Last edited:
Davis is another in a long line of Sooner DBs that we're solid but undersized. If you're 5'10" or below you better be a lockdown guy. Multiple years in Grinch's patty cake coverage schemes will turn a good DB into a broken man.

New life at a new home may be what he needs. Wish him well but this likely signals that somebody pushed him solidly into a backup role.

Why do we care that Davis is gone? Or where he landed? Really? Just asking.
Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, he was a 4 year starter and still chose to leave which is painful, regardless of how good or not good he played.
2019 - 1 start
2020 - 6 starts
2021 - 6 starts
2022 - 9 starts

How many of our other 4 year starters have left?

• Sad
Reactions: iasooner2000
Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, he was a 4 year starter and still chose to leave which is painful, regardless of how good or not good he played.
2019 - 1 start
2020 - 6 starts
2021 - 6 starts
2022 - 9 starts

But bottom line he doesn’t want to be here anymore. We can question why these kids leave, but not much chance of ever really knowing. I’m personally more interested in why a player transfers to Oklahoma. Obviously they must feel there’s an opportunity that they weren’t getting at their previous school. I’d like to think our coaches are an attraction as well.

2019 - 1 start
2020 - 6 starts
2021 - 6 starts
2022 - 9 starts

The sooner Riley's fingerprints are off this team, the better.
Given OU's paltry defenses in recent years, there's no concern for me that an average defensive player has transferred out.

Who here wants some defense? Brent's gonna bring it.

BOOMER!
Agree, but we should remember that it's a work-in-process, as it was last year and how it will be this year.
The fact that the 2023 season is one of OU's weakest will help in the win column, but it will be 2024 before we know for sure how good it will be.
So far, I believe things are going in the right direction..... if recruiting means anything.

Reactions: Catfish48084
But bottom line he doesn’t want to be here anymore. We can question why these kids leave, but not much chance of ever really knowing. I’m personally more interested in why a player transfers to Oklahoma. Obviously they must feel there’s an opportunity that they weren’t getting at their previous school. I’d like to think our coaches are an attraction as well.
So I'm confused, did you want to know or not?

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT