ADVERTISEMENT

I've had this nagging feeling for years,

Why, exactly, was Brent Venables let go?

Mike Stoops!

That and he clashed with Bob and Mike on defensive styles. Brent is a Front 7 guy.
Mike and Bob are Back 7 guys. They would take a chance on a DB over a Dlinemen

Technically, Brent resigned after being demoted. But that was most likely Bob and Mike’s intention. “Blood brothers”aren’t nearly as close as family ties. Bob bringing Mike back was one of his biggest mistakes as OU head coach, IMO. He could have at least brought Mike back under Brent. I’m happy for Brent and hope he continues at Clemson.

Mike Stoops!

That and he clashed with Bob and Mike on defensive styles. Brent is a Front 7 guy.
Mike and Bob are Back 7 guys. They would take a chance on a DB over a Dlinemen
I scratch my head thinking each of OUr cfp game blowout losses, "if only Brent were here." Makes sense now why the elephants and tiggers dominate.

Technically, Brent resigned after being demoted. But that was most likely Bob and Mike’s intention. “Blood brothers”aren’t nearly as close as family ties. Bob bringing Mike back was one of his biggest mistakes as OU head coach, IMO. He could have at least brought Mike back under Brent. I’m happy for Brent and hope he continues at Clemson.
Yes, bringing Mike back was a terrible terrible decision by Bob obviously, OUr defense went downhill at lightning speed. Now, the question I pose, "where might we have ended with Brent had he present during OUr cfp run?"

Man I remember the uproar this board went through for years while MS was in control.

Woody, I think 2021 is going to be a nice season as well. But based on last year's performance... two things I will be watching for and both will have to improve for OU to get to the promied land. And it isn't the type of things that typically concern OU. But both are on the offensive side of the ball.

1. Spencer Rattler. There can be no 3 INT game games like the KSU loss last year. It could very well doom the chances of a Natty and maybe his Heisman. And read he must continue to grow and learn to work through his prgressions a bit quicker.

2. The OL concerns me. There is not a lot of quality depth.

On the flipside of things, I worry less these days about our defense. I think the year 2021 is the year that the defense is going to equal to or greater than our offense.

On the flipside of things, I worry less these days about our defense. I think the year 2021 is the year that the defense is going to equal to or greater than our offense.

I agree. I'd feel a whole lot better though knowing we're getting the blue chip d'linemen. Hungry beasts. It's where it all starts and wins championships. In my opinion.

OU can have one of its better teams this year and yet it may not be enough with Alabama around even with its team in transition. Saban has a way or reloading better than any coach I’ve ever known of.

While I’m anticipating a very good season, I’m more anxious for the 2022-23 seasons. On paper, we should finally be ready to take a legitimate run at bringing home the trophy. But sometimes bad things can happen when juveniles are involved. 😂

While I’m anticipating a very good season, I’m more anxious for the 2022-23 seasons. On paper, we should finally be ready to take a legitimate run at bringing home the trophy. But sometimes bad things can happen when juveniles are involved. 😂

I hope you're right. Because if we don't do something in the next two years, we may not ever again. This N.I.L thing is going to hit Oklahoma in a bad way IMO. I don't see how OU can or will keep up with the high rollers and large alumni bases of Texas, Aggie, Bama, and BuckNuts.

I hope you're right. Because if we don't do something in the next two years, we may not ever again. This N.I.L thing is going to hit Oklahoma in a bad way IMO. I don't see how OU can or will keep up with the high rollers and large alumni bases of Texas, Aggie, Bama, and BuckNuts.

I’m with you. Things are going to get “nasty”. 😂 BOOMER!

And the flip side to this? School's are off the hook for paying athletes and the cfb committee just has to sit back and do nothing. We're about to embark on the separation of athletics and the institutes of higher learning for the sake of revenue and entertainment. Many more bullshit degrees have already been created to satisfy this I'm sure.

Reactions: LikeClicker3000
And the flip side to this? School's are off the hook for paying athletes and the cfb committee just has to sit back and do nothing. We're about to embark on the separation of athletics and the institutes of higher learning for the sake of revenue and entertainment. Many more bullshit degrees have already been created to satisfy this I'm sure.

CFB has been a huge generator of mega revenue for many many years. And it's why players were paid under the table to start with. The only difference now is that the players will get paid. Schools will not need to do the dirty any longer. Alumni bases can and will be very very active in establising a revenue source for the players & recruiting as well. Where some schools like OU & Bama, USC, tOSU, Michigan etc would show off their trophy cases, in a couple of years after a history and data base established, schools will be able to show recruits the type and amount of revenue players can make.

CFB on the field will not change too much, but NIL will change recruting.

OU can have one of its better teams this year and yet it may not be enough with Alabama around even with its team in transition. Saban has a way or reloading better than any coach I’ve ever known of.
We beat thier ass in the 2014 Sugar with Trevor Knight when nobody thought we had a chance. The game bama said "they didn't wanna be there".

ADVERTISEMENT