ADVERTISEMENT

ISU Fires HC, Mangino talks trash

That will really help Mangino get another job. (Sarcasm). I like Rhodes and hope he lands on his feet somewhere.
He beats Texas 24 to 0 and gets canned. Charlie gets beat by them 24 to zip and gets a vote of confidence and 5 million a year. If Charlie wins one more game that's one million per win. Now that's damn funny.

Reactions: iasooner1
I think one they expect is to not lose a three touchdown lead in the second half against a team that they're as good as.

But when a freshman runner and a young quarterback have three lost fumbles to set up scores for the other guys, they can come back on you.

I'm disappointed in Mangino. That's not what a would expect from him. Rhodes is a better coach than his record reflects, IMO. What can anyone expect at Iowa State, Kansas, and the North Texas' of the world.

Agreed. This makes Mangino look petty. Other coaches may keep that in the back of their mind when they're looking for an OC and may pass on him if they think he's going to be more trouble than he's worth.

Agreed. This makes Mangino look petty. Other coaches may keep that in the back of their mind when they're looking for an OC and may pass on him if they think he's going to be more trouble than he's worth.
In Mangino's defense, he tweeted that after Iowa State lost and before Rhodes was fired. Still not good but he wasn't tweeting in response to Rhides termination..

Regardless, coaches just shouldn't ever tweet or talk about other coaches. That's what we southerners refer to being "common", which isn't very complimentary, but certainly describes Mangino.

Even being before Rhodes was fired was sorry. I figured a coach would have a heart for the kids he had coached.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT