ADVERTISEMENT

Is Kyler Murray the best athlete on the team?

Phaeded

Sooner starter
Jun 5, 2001
If yes, doesn't that beg the question as to how we are going to get him involved outside of the QB spot? I, for one, am volunteering the young man for jet sweeps.

Anyone hear anything about using him as a non-QB or is he going to be the #2 and we have to protect him? The latter just seems like a waste...

Reactions: iasooner1
Anyone hear anything about using him as a non-QB or is he going to be the #2 and we have to protect him? The latter just seems like a waste...
Man in one sense I can see where you are coming from. Get the kid on the field if he can make plays.

But....another part of me prefers the kid be protected from getting hurt and let Baker do his thing.

I guess if OU is hurting for playmakers this year after losing Dede, Perine and Mixon then I suppose getting the kid on the field may be worth it though.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
I just don't see it. He's athletic, no question, but he didn't impress at A&M. Sorry. It's all about winning, but I wish him well.

I'm all for seeing Murray on the field this year regardless of the position. Stoops probably wouldn't have been in favor of it, but hopefully Riley can be a little more creative.

Kyler Murray is certainly mega talented. Hope he lights things up on some specialized plays yet to be revealed. I wish him great things this year as a hybrid player.

would love to see murray pull up on a jet sweep and hit a wide open flowers in columbus

I have watched Murray play baseball at OU many times. He is very fast but thus far his fielding, throwing and batting has not been what you would expect from an elite athlete.

He did look good in the spring game as a QB. His football ceIlling IMO is higher than in baseball, particularly if he is willing to change positions at some point.

OU should try to find a few ways to get the ball in his hands this season.

bull told us it was a 4.2
Bull is known to exaggerate when it comes to athletes from OU or Texas. Usually, in opposite directions. I could see Murray occasionally drifting down below 4.4 on occasion. But I doubt he'd be there consistently. 4.38 would be about right.

4.2? You're talking about Deion Sanders kind of speed. I just don't think he's long enough to be that fast.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT