ADVERTISEMENT

Is it next year, or are we done???

Feb 16, 2015
We have had a bad last year. No doubt about it. With all the turmoil and the fact that Mike Stoops still presides over the defense. Has Bob tied his future to his brother's? I think maybe so!

Last year, the only thing worse than Trevor Knight's play was the lack of preparedness of any QB below him. But on defense, it was much worse. I haven't dug up the stats but I would guess that we were fighting 6-7 yards per carry. The secondary was in shambles. We couldn't bump and cover, zone cover, or trip and cover. I can't recall a defense so bad, unless I go way back. And this is coming from a glass half full guy.

Why are we still dealing with Mike Stoops?

If he had any brains he would take them out and play with them. Why do a half ass job of getting rid of cancer? Does that make any sense? Evidently so. Bob has the contract in his hands and knows he has OU over a barrel. But I say let's forget the renovation if we have to, can Bob Stoops.

The best way to defeat the enemy is to subdue the leaders. Gary Patterson is a brilliant football mind and now has reign over the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Offer him the H.C. job and offer him B. Stoops kind of wages. We could have him and enhance TX recruiting while kicking TCU to the side. The NFL does that every year.

I'm not stating a preference, just options. So know that I'm not taking a hard stand. Hopefully, just a good discussion. God Bless!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.