ADVERTISEMENT

Injuries??

Nov 8, 2006
OU have anything significant?

Tennessee has a ton of guys banged up but will return soon. We have lost 3 players for the year. Starting LG Marcus Jackson, Starting Nickel Rashaan Gaulden (both huge losses IMO) and reserve OG Austin Sanders.

Since he would miss the OU game, 6 to 8 weeks would not be much different to Sooner fans than all year.

It is very hard to report on Sooner injuries in August. BStoops is an upfront and honest guy, except for injuries. For Bob, a minor injury means he is expected to live at least another week. Ubtil guys are missing on game days, nobody really knows.

Butch is creeping towards that being his injury reports.

I think too much has been made of some guys missing practice, but there are some cases where important players are missing a lot. Lends one to wonder if there is a more serious injury than originally thought.

With Gaulden, it would appear that Cam Sutton will play Nickel and either Justin Martin (big-time 6'2 JuCo CB) will play CB or Malik Foreman (slight in stature but can run and competes) will play CB.

Evan Berry, younger brother of Eric Berry, is also an option at Nickel (keeping Sutton at CB).

Nagging injuries on the OL worry me way more than the health of the secondary. We have way more options in the defensive backfield than the offensive front.

Since he would miss the OU game, 6 to 8 weeks would not be much different to Sooner fans than all year.

It is very hard to report on Sooner injuries in August. BStoops is an upfront and honest guy, except for injuries. For Bob, a minor injury means he is expected to live at least another week. Ubtil guys are missing on game days, nobody really knows.

I can relate to Bobs secretiveness.
I could never get the fellows to see me and raise if I inadvertently showed them my full house.

Just saying.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT