ADVERTISEMENT

In 2000 as a 10 point underdog we surprised the world beating Fl St. & Heisman winner Chris Wienke

bullmarket

Sooner signee
May 29, 2001
We as a 12 point underdog will surprise the football world beating LSU and apparent Heisman leader Joe Burrows.

I truly feel good about this game. Jalen Hurts will be in his 4th Final Four and Lincoln Riley will be in his 3rd straight Final Four. LSU will be in their first ever Final Four.

GO SOONERS LETS WIN A FOOTBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP # 8!

BOOMER SOONER!

Last edited:
We again as a 10 point underdog will surprise the football world beating LSU and apparent Heisman leader Joe Burrows.

I truly feel good about this game.

BOOMER SOONER!

I have this Dream Scenario, if the conditions are the same, with Burrows winning the Heisman...K-9, steps up @ the Coin Toss and, stealing Torrence Marshall's Line to Weinke, tells Burrows, "I'm here to get my boy's Heisman Trophy back." Sometimes, truth is stranger than fiction...

We as a 12 point underdog will surprise the football world beating LSU and apparent Heisman leader Joe Burrows.

I truly feel good about this game. Jalen Hurts will be in his 4th Final Four and Lincoln Riley will be in his 3rd straight Final Four. LSU will be in their first ever Final Four.

BOOMER SOONER!
OU had a healthy team vs Florida State. OU is not healthy now.

In my view the coaching staff will use the double digit underdog card to there advantage. These players already know that no one is giving them a snowballs chance in hell of winning this game and most so called experts do actually believe this is just a warm up game for LSU. That though is the beauty of CFB as we all know upsets happen all the time and we have seen our own Sooners on that end of the spetrum when most of us felt there was no way OU would lose.

I did watch the selection show and most of it was centered on the top 3 teams but what was centered on OU I got the feeling that most of the panel doesn't believe OU has a shot either. Sure they said some good things in regard to OU but body language and facial expressions tell a lot also. If I had any advice at all to give in regard to those who decide to watch ESPN leading up to the game - I would say save yourself the trouble of any anger by not watching them. However if one does watch them and OU wins it would be comical to see what story lines they revert to. I will never forget 2000 when the OU players made the point to visit Corso and his crew on the sidelines during there post game show in a way that said to them " Eat some crow". Hopefully this happens again because no one gave us a shot against FSU either except maybe our own fanbase.

In my view the coaching staff will use the double digit underdog card to there advantage. These players already know that no one is giving them a snowballs chance in hell of winning this game and most so called experts do actually believe this is just a warm up game for LSU. That though is the beauty of CFB as we all know upsets happen all the time and we have seen our own Sooners on that end of the spetrum when most of us felt there was no way OU would lose.

For the last several weeks (and years), I have been on the side that I would prefer to lose a playoff game than to win any other bowl game.
You have to get there to have a chance to win.
As for guaranteed wins, OU was a 24 point favorite against KSU back in October.
I believe the line against LSU is only 12 points, the last I saw.

I don’t think history, good or bad, matters. What matters is how we play that night against that team. We have as much a chance to win as we do to lose. I don’t put too much into spreads when so much is on the line. We just have to understand this game is just as important to LSU as OU. Whoever shows up and plays better will probably win. That’s all we can expect. BOOMER!!

BOOMER SOONER!
Lol Bull! For 20 years, you never stop bringing enthusiasm to this forum. Keep at it amigo!

I have this Dream Scenario, if the conditions are the same, with Burrows winning the Heisman...K-9, steps up @ the Coin Toss and, stealing Torrence Marshall's Line to Weinke, tells Burrows, "I'm here to get my boy's Heisman Trophy back." Sometimes, truth is stranger than fiction...
Why not just shut up and play. We tried that against Florida and were beat.

Reactions: sooners49
I have a Better Idea...Why don't You, and Your Misinformation, butt out of this thread, and go away, since you obviously Don't 'GET IT'? :eek::rolleyes::p
Yeah I distinctly remember someone making mention of this very incident before the Florida game. Forget the guy on our squad but he did just that at the coin toss and we proceeded to lose, so I get it. I loved it when it worked but we are far removed from those days of stars on both sides of the ball. Until we are Clemson or Bama, we should play and not talk sh!t. Nothing looks more ridiculous than to talk sh!t and lose.

Being an underdog or not doesn't matter. Both teams will be ready. There's a national title on the line here. A goal that's been on the board for all 4 teams involved in the playoff. It's great to mention times OU was in underdog and won, but there have been plenty of times when OU was an underdog and did lose.

Like last year. I thought we would be ready to play and got down 28 to 0 in no time at all.

I have a Better Idea...Why don't You, and Your Misinformation, butt out of this thread, and go away, since you obviously Don't 'GET IT'? :eek::rolleyes::p

Nic Harris roughly 1:45 in that video. Talking crap, so there is your misinformation for the evening. Now go back to your regularly scheduled propaganda.

In 2000, we had a much, much better defense, and I honestly don't like our chances this year.

But, I will say that I think we have more of a shot this year, vs. last year.

Last year KM & Riley had to be perfect the whole game, against a very good AL defense, and that quickly went out the window. AL could have scored 80 on us if they had really wanted/needed to.

This year, Hurts and Riley have a little more margin for error, and I like the idea of giving Grinch three weeks to scheme a few cool blitzes, and to mix up the cover packages.

In the end Burrow and their excellent skill players will probably be too much, but at least our defense has a puncher's chance this year. Wasn't true last year.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT