ADVERTISEMENT

I'm a believer that all of the FIRE MIKE talk...

WhyNotaSooner

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2004
got the team's attention and they decided to Coach & play ball. So when he's on the firing line, he gets focused. The defense got focused. It appears the FIRE MIKE mantra worked. Emotions played a big role in how hard this team played Saturday. I hope they all learned a valuable lesson as I don't believe they can't play w/ this same emotional intensity for eight more games without pressure. So as fans, and in an effort to continue to do our part...join me....

FIRE MIKE STOOPS.

On Your Mark...Get Ready...Get Set...

22310222_1945533122129027_1773954064208210584_n.jpg

Reactions: iasooner1
I have to agree. This team can beat anyone in the country if they play with that edge. I just don't think they will do that on a week to week basis. I'm still not confident we can beat Kstate, Okstate, or TCU.

I don't think any team can be so up emotionally to get over the top week after week. This is very tough to do. It also needs to be noted that while the defense played w/ more fire, they also played against a much maligned o-line as many of the Horn starters were out. But I'll gladly take the W. It was earned. It was needed and they did deliver. So good for them! This is always a good thing as the win helps them rebuild a mental confidence that may have been lost after the ISU debacle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT