ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois fires head coach one week before season starts.

K2C Sooner

Sooner starter
Sep 2, 2012
Catoosa OK
The link provided just shows the front page. Does anyone find it strange Beckham got fired so close to opening day? Scandal?

Why would you let a head coach go through recruiting season, spring practice, etc? I remember Frank Broyles fired an Arkansas coach a couple of weeks into the season, but I sure can't remember anything like this.........

https://illinois.rivals.com/default.asp?SR=RivalsFP

Reactions: Section22Sooner
The link provided just shows the front page. Does anyone find it strange Beckham got fired so close to opening day? Scandal?

Why would you let a head coach go through recruiting season, spring practice, etc? I remember Frank Broyles fired an Arkansas coach a couple of weeks into the season, but I sure can't remember anything like this.........

https://illinois.rivals.com/default.asp?SR=RivalsFP

Oh yeah, something decaying in the Netherlands there.

I'm thinking, some indiscretion with a volunteer babe with the football team...
Or, a little sumpin sumpin with a Great Dane? Eh, anything?:cool:

Oh yeah, something decaying in the Netherlands there.

I'm thinking, some indiscretion with a volunteer babe with the football team...
Or, a little sumpin sumpin with a Great Dane? Eh, anything?:cool:
Nah,

The AD was a PETA advocate and caught the coach spanking his monkey.:eek:

Heard he was abusive to his injured players.

Boomer Sooner

Another Kansas - Mangino deal except Mangino had put out a couple of really good squads. Beckman, not so. That sucks even for a football program that sucks. It will probably be a while longer before Illinois will have a "chance" to climb out of the bottom of the conference.
Mangino's firing was pure stupidity...I just don't understand why young people who are only a few years from entering the workforce(if they can find a job) can't take harshness from a superior. You think the corporate world cares if they are sick or hurt...either show up for work or they get someone else. I say the guy did something really stupid and was about to be exposed.

He delayed/failed on his injury reporting, tried to influence medical decisions of his players, and possibly threatened the injured players by suggesting their scholarships might be pulled if they couldn't play.

Boomer Sooner
Nick Saban gets rid of them...so does Butch. Stuff like this never happens in the SEC.

Mangino's firing was pure stupidity...I just don't understand why young people who are only a few years from entering the workforce(if they can find a job) can't take harshness from a superior. You think the corporate world cares if they are sick or hurt...either show up for work or they get someone else. I say the guy did something really stupid and was about to be exposed.
I hear ya Jake.

I can only imagine how many teeth I would've lost if I couldn't take my Drill Sergeant's "spirited" criticisms. The "SWEET" things he used to say about my mother in his verbal assaults.:eek:

Didn't take much to "motivate" me.

Boomer Sooner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT