ADVERTISEMENT

Huge Buckeye fan here....congratulations.

Thanks for the post. I agree. It's not an insult and I don't believe anyone felt insulted. I just think Baker used it as a rallying battle cry for the team. Enjoy the balance of this very young season!

Reactions: iasooner1
Did you get tired of Boomer Sooner? It's not an insult either, but opponents still hate the song. lol

OU deserved the victory. Yes, Tressel started the singing of the Alma Mater to honor the fans and they do it win or lose, home and away. I have no problem with Baker using it as a motivation, and I have no problem with an emotional celebration after the victory which as stated, was deserved. The flag planting however was a planned taunt so while it could have been prevented by not letting the visiting team win, it isn't a part of the game, nor should it be. I would say that if OSU did that at Oklahoma last year as well.

I have no problem with what Baker did. If you don't want backlash from singing on opposing teams fields when you win then don't do it. Just because Tressel started it and ohio state fans see nothing wrong with it don't expect opposing teams and fans to think its ok. I guess Baker and the team felt the singing was disrespectful just as you think it was disrespectful what he did so I guess that makes it even.

My goodness TOSU fans are complaining about Baker planting a flag? There are more important things in life to be concerned with than a kid celebrating a victory.

I can tell you throughout the game I never seen so much bitching and complaining from TOSU posters on the soundoff board. Those doing that were also the ones in another thread saying that OU was no threat to OSU and it would be a repeat of last year.

Now they are calling Baker classless is just plain stupid. I think many of them are just pissed that OU kicked the Buckeyes ass just as they did us last year.

OU deserved the victory. Yes, Tressel started the singing of the Alma Mater to honor the fans and they do it win or lose, home and away. I have no problem with Baker using it as a motivation, and I have no problem with an emotional celebration after the victory which as stated, was deserved. The flag planting however was a planned taunt so while it could have been prevented by not letting the visiting team win, it isn't a part of the game, nor should it be. I would say that if OSU did that at Oklahoma last year as well.

Oh, just grow up. You want to talk about taunting your rival? Just go back and read the cheap shots Meyer took at OU after last year. His negative taunting out defensive players and coaches was the work of a classless jerk.

And, yes our players and coaches took offense to his remarks. Plus, did you enjoy the taunting of the ESPiN crew at Game Day? Referring to our team and coaches as "pretenders". So, we are a proud bunch just like you and we don't take that crap very well.

OU is a school that does more with less than any other school in the country. A small state with limited resources and we match up with any other program in the damn country.

So, just grow up. You insult us and we fight back.

Thanks for the congratulations and yes we thought the Buckeyes singing their fight song at mid field after the game last year was a classless act. Urban Meyer running the score up last year was also classless. Lincoln Riley did not do that last night although he could have.

Wish your team the best for the rest of the season. It's possible the Sooners and Buckeyes could meet again in the playoffs so you may get another crack at a very good Sooner Team.

If they sing it win or lose I sure didn't see them do it last night at home but they had no problem doing it in Norman. Um ok.
They did. as stated, it is done always.
But hey, Mayfield played a great game....

My only thought regarding the flag planting is...
If you felt disrespected because of what the Buckeyes did in your back yard , why would you go and do what you thought was wrong in your opponents back yard ......
All is good. Hope the Buckeyes can figure that horrid passing game and passing defense SOON...
Obtw. How is Andrews? Hope nothing serious with the knee....He is a sure fire NFL TALENT

They did. as stated, it is done always.
But hey, Mayfield played a great game....

My only thought regarding the flag planting is...
If you felt disrespected because of what the Buckeyes did in your back yard , why would you go and do what you thought was wrong in your opponents back yard ......
All is good. Hope the Buckeyes can figure that horrid passing game and passing defense SOON...
Obtw. How is Andrews? Hope nothing serious with the knee....He is a sure fire NFL TALENT

Guess I missed that.
I have not seen anything official on Andrews yet and thanks, we hope its nothing serious as well.
As far as the whole being disrespectful stuff goes I am old school myself. I wish players and teams would have more sportsmanship these days than they do but times have changed. None of it has a direct affect on me or my life so I guess it does not matter much in the grand scheme of things. Good luck the rest of the season Buckeyes.

Your team beat us in about every category. Here's to success to OU here on out.
BTW, our team sings our school song to our fans after every game. It was not an insult to OU last year.
Maybe not from your perspective ,but for OU it is . Every one talks about tOSU tradition at the horse shoe but did they forget we have a little tradition here in Oklahoma. We didnt just start playing football

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT