ADVERTISEMENT

How is everybody holding up?

frou

Sooner starter
May 29, 2001
This is a crazy time in our lives. It feels like our world is changing and we will never see it the way it used to be again. I hope everyone is doing ok.

Hoping we get a hold of this before college football. Something tells me we won't but,,,I'm trying to be opti instead of pessi.

Rock On my friends. Hope you and your families are good.

LA has been surprisingly quiet. I never would have expected this to be the place where people take anything seriously.

Until today.... I have an exempt job, and I normally head into work at about 5:45A (45 minute drive to arrive at 6:30A). This morning at 6:00A on HWY101, it was busy... like the same level of traffic as a regular work day. That was eerie. On return, it wasn't normal traffic, but it was definitely about 3X more dense than it has been the last 3 weeks. I worry people are losing their patience and sanity and just giving up.

Just a little stir crazy, been on lockdown for over 3 weeks by order of the GF. She works for a Hospital so she is not letting me out which is good as I don't want to get infected and give it to her to spread it all over the VA, so I am doing my part too. If she brings it home to me then we will be locked down for 2 weeks. Better just the 2 of us than many others getting infected.

The grass is finally green and growing but it won't stop raining long enough to dry enough to mow. Pretty bad when you are excited about maybe getting to do yardwork.

Bored a lot but have been making Memes so here are a few to make you laugh.
A few of Gundy.
375df428056ca9def1b9359fed32010d.jpg

c9da091a1bddac8696e958e75b6afd81.jpg

Billy Ray Gundy

5a52a9f90cc4311094388fce3cba4daf.jpg

Trump and his Trophy Catches
f4167e5574709b99f60f25182c54babf.jpg

370ef6490ccae0337123ae4914f600b9.jpg

189489ec99ff10bd6dcc677a75b0e3b8.jpg

Hope I made you laugh. We need a little of that right now, I know I do. CABIN FEVER!
Stay safe Sooners!

Just a little stir crazy, been on lockdown for over 3 weeks by order of the GF. She works for a Hospital so she is not letting me out which is good as I don't want to get infected and give it to her to spread it all over the VA, so I am doing my part too. If she brings it home to me then we will be locked down for 2 weeks. Better just the 2 of us than many others getting infected.

The grass is finally green and growing but it won't stop raining long enough to dry enough to mow. Pretty bad when you are excited about maybe getting to do yardwork.

A few of Gundy.

THANKS, 67...Worked 4 Me!!! :cool::p:D......;)

Billy Ray Gundy

Hope I made you laugh. We need a little of that right now, I know I do. CABIN FEVER!
Stay safe Sooners!

THANKS, 67...Worked 4 Me!!! :cool::p:D......;)

My wife and I haven't been out of the house since March 5 except to go get groceries when the store opens for us old people (three times) and pick up prescription meds at the drive by at Walgreens. Meds are good for another 90 days now. We watch a lot of TV and movies on Cox but limit our news to only the three primary networks. No CNN, Fox, or MSNBC for the last couple of weeks. We get all our updates on the internet and network/local news channels. We are staying in no matter what so I see no reason to sit and watch the talking heads spread the misery. When you stop to think about it our forefathers had it a lot worse as many families lived alone on the prairie. Sitting around pouting with my lower lip sticking out because I'm house bound will serve no purpose. BTW, I recorded 9 episodes of OU Football History on Fox SW last week. I've seen them before but it makes for a good time now. Nine hours of Sooner history. How great is that? BOOMER SOONER.....to all board members. STAY WELL!

My wife and I haven't been out of the house since March 5 except to go get groceries when the store opens for us old people (three times) and pick up prescription meds at the drive by at Walgreens. Meds are good for another 90 days now. We watch a lot of TV and movies on Cox but limit our news to only the three primary networks. No CNN, Fox, or MSNBC for the last couple of weeks. We get all our updates on the internet and network/local news channels. We are staying in no matter what so I see no reason to sit and watch the talking heads spread the misery. When you stop to think about it our forefathers had it a lot worse as many families lived alone on the prairie. Sitting around pouting with my lower lip sticking out because I'm house bound will serve no purpose. BTW, I recorded 9 episodes of OU Football History on Fox SW last week. I've seen them before but it makes for a good time now. Nine hours of Sooner history. How great is that? BOOMER SOONER.....to all board members. STAY WELL!
I'm in the same mode, Bama.
I watch movies, old OU games on youtube, HGTV, and Netflix while avoiding watching too much of the news, which only mentions more deaths and spews political BS.
I go out for meds at Walgreens and on Monday, will take my dog to the vet for two routine vaccines and I will have to stay outside the clinic while they care for my dog.

I was on a home visit when my company cancelled all international travel, so I've been working from my shop down in the basement since the 16th. No idea when I'll return to Mexico, but it will be at least another month, as the government there has forced all but essential businesses to close... AND pay their workers while they are out. Lots of suppliers down there won't survive this, especially if it is extended. Starting Monday, my company is furloughing almost everyone in the supply chain for 60 days. I'm not one of them, but I would have welcomed it. After working away from home for most of the past 12 years, I would gladly unplug from the corporate system and use my time here to catch up on projects. Will still be able to accomplish a lot on the home front, but not as much as if I were completely detached. Anyway, not going out except for essentials, keeping my hands clean, staying away from people - pretty much how I live my life even when the world isn't coming to an end. :)

I was booked to travel on 8 March to Africa. I got a call from the US Consulate in Lagos telling me to stay put. Nigeria stopped all international flights in and out on the 23rd. Kenya soon followed. All of our projects were "stop ordered" by the owners, Chevron, Shell & ExxonMobil. All expats were demobilized back to home countries and all locals placed on 3/4 salary. Expats get their base USD salaries. Letters of authorization accompanies all invoices and payments remain per contract terms. Its almost better than working!!!!

We are pretty remote here in far N.E. Scottsdale. The wife does all the food runs and she says the shops are very well organized. I became an expert in repairing golf ball divots in external stucco in March. SubZero/Wolf/KitchenAid will soon put a contract out on me for cutting into their home repair market. Youtube for instructions and Amazon for spare parts is a wonder thing. No prescription meds in my daily diet yet so no runs to the pharmacy. Summer is here now (cool spring this year) so plenty of brisk walking daily. I hope everyone is following the sound advice given by many. Stay Safe!! I have renewed my love affair with Pink Floyd, Santana, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, SRV, Tower of Power, Chicago, Eric Clapton, The Allman Brothers & many more.

Been out of school in northeast Nebraska for 3 weeks now. Luckily it warmed up earlier in the week and I was able to play golf. Crazy not being in class this time of the year. All spring sports in Nebraska are canceled as well. The golf team that I had this spring had quite a bit of talent. I was hoping for a run at a state title this year, but not happening now. Not sure what 's worse, no Sooner softball or no Cedar Catholic golf.

Hope all of you stay healthy.

Been out of school in northeast Nebraska for 3 weeks now. Luckily it warmed up earlier in the week and I was able to play golf. Crazy not being in class this time of the year. All spring sports in Nebraska are canceled as well. The golf team that I had this spring had quite a bit of talent. I was hoping for a run at a state title this year, but not happening now. Not sure what 's worse, no Sooner softball or no Cedar Catholic golf.

Hope all of you stay healthy.
at least your lucky enough to get toplay a round, hell I live on the third hole at Indian canyon north in Palm Springs and they have been shut down for about a month already, and they postponed the first woman’s major of the year at Mission Hills until Sept. that is going to be scorching hot!

at least your lucky enough to get toplay a round, hell I live on the third hole at Indian canyon north in Palm Springs and they have been shut down for about a month already, and they postponed the first woman’s major of the year at Mission Hills until Sept. that is going to be scorching hot!

As far as I know none of the courses in Nebraska are closed. Our Governor just put the entire state on directed health measures. These measures have closed all bars and restaurants for take out only. Hopefully they don't close down the courses as well. I live across the street from our golf course, so I can always just sneak on if I have to I guess.

We've had two shows cancelled and it looks for sure like two more here in the next 4-5 weeks. Mom and dad are mid 80's and highly susceptible to the virus so we have also cancelled two birthday dinners so far. Not catastrophic cancellations but one's that would have been a lot of fun. Stay safe everyone.

Since I work from home, have my groceries delivered, order everything from Amazon, and work out in my 2-car garage, nothing has changed for me personally, except now that so many people are out of work, it has affected my clients' financial wellbeing so my office phone isn't ringing as much as it used to. Also, groceries are scarce, can't get everything I normally can. The main disruption in my life is the lack of sports and having a house full of people.

I guess working from home for 20 years has prepared me for this.

I'll be free to purchase a firearm in a few more months. Good things will happen for me this year regardless.

A few of Gundy.

Billy Ray Gundy

Stay safe Sooners!
I may have to Dirt Burgle a few of these pics

Day 22 . Complete loss of contracts so no go on income. The wife was sent home 3 weeks ago w/ full pay and no. work. We're not sure how long that will last. We struggle to find goods at the grocery store. I did fill up the truck for $1.16/gal. I've stayed busy working in the garage on an old 241 Red Ram Hemi. It's coming along really nice but w/o income and the unknown as to when things re-open I'm not spending any money on the motor. Went to the Heart Doc last week, things are OK, doing a nuclear stress test on Thursday. He did tell me my bloodwork was quote, 'awesome' which shocked me. We also keep our 5 yr grandson which is a blessing. He learned how to ride his bike last week w/o the training wheels. So life still moves forward... but ever so slowly. While I do not believe this is a hoax, I still believe that the model projection numbers were overly exaggerated and it's showing. W'ere not hitting the numbers projected on any level. Cuomo says NY #s on ICUs, new cases, and intubaltions have all decreased. So this is good news. Hopefully things will improve.

Remember to wear gloves, or at least paper towels or something when you pump gas because it HAS been proven that some have gotten the virus from pumping gas. Think about how many people touch those handles every day. Not as many as they used to, but still be cautious.

I am very fortunate that my business hasn't suffered but I have given up hookers and weed for the time being.

Remember to wear gloves, or at least paper towels or something when you pump gas because it HAS been proven that some have gotten the virus from pumping gas. Think about how many people touch those handles every day. Not as many as they used to, but still be cautious.

Anything really, ATM machines are known to have all kinds of nastiness on them but when you think about it anything that someone has touched it could be an issue. As much as we like to think Humans are clean we are one of the nastiest species on the Planet.

Anything really, ATM machines are known to have all kinds of nastiness on them but when you think about it anything that someone has touched it could be an issue. As much as we like to think Humans are clean we are one of the nastiest species on the Planet.
I've always been grossed out by how many guys leave restrooms without washing their hands, long before this Chinese virus.
Simple hygiene that should be learned by age 5.
I hope the world we will have after this pandemic is over will have learned lessons on keeping themselves and the world around them cleaner.
And FWIW, I feel sorry for Asians here in this country who face reprisals and the people...not the government....of China who live in such filth.

Omaha is on more restrictions than the State of Nebraska as a whole, because of all the COVIDiots (e.g. all City parks are closed), but holding our infection numbers down. My wife normally picks up shifts working on the Inpatient units, including the ICU, at one of our 2 trauma centers, and they are currently reducing hours of staff. They expect the big increase of admissions to come next week through May 1st. Hopefully all the social distancing works and we keep the total number of infections down.

On the other end of the spectrum, had a coworker relay a story about some nurses in KC that flew to NYC to help. But when they arrived, there were no gloves/masks/gowns to wear, and more patients than ventilators; they basically couldn’t DO anything, but sit back and watch people die. Horrific experience.

I’ll do my part and stay home except for shopping for food.

@Scottsdale.Sooner, it's not nearly "summer" enough for me, yet!!! In fact, I was so cold last week, I was back to wearing winter hoodies! I dunno, maybe it's warmer over there on the east side of the Valley! :cool:
Sockless - I saw where we are 18 degrees below our average for the month of April to date. March was near the same. The high today is supposed to be 61 and todays average is 84. My wife has not put away her winter wear yet. It's no warmer on the east side and Pinnacle Peak area is normally a little cooler because we are about 200 feet higher. The trees are slow to bloom.

Sockless - I saw where we are 18 degrees below our average for the month of April to date. March was near the same. The high today is supposed to be 61 and todays average is 84. My wife has not put away her winter wear yet. It's no warmer on the east side and Pinnacle Peak area is normally a little cooler because we are about 200 feet higher. The trees are slow to bloom.

Enjoyed working in the yard today...not sure what the official high was, but at some point this afternoon, I saw the mercury hit 83°! Looks like we might have one more "cool" weekend, then crossing my fingers we finally hit 90° next week! So ready for summertime, summertime, sum, sum, summertime!!! :cool:

Enjoyed working in the yard today...not sure what the official high was, but at some point this afternoon, I saw the mercury hit 83°! Looks like we might have one more "cool" weekend, then crossing my fingers we finally hit 90° next week! So ready for summertime, summertime, sum, sum, summertime!!! :cool:
i hear you sockless I’m in Palm Springs and we’ve been way below normal on temperatures and way above the rain all winter! Hell I think we’re having a spring? Desert is supposed to be summer and winter..... nothing more!

Sockless and all the others that have been here like me and many others for 15 to 20 yrs please don't go so long without posting, I miss the old Scoop. Its just not the same without the original guys and gals. Not to say its not good now with newbies but damn they just don't realize what we have lost and what it was like back in the day.
Until Fitty is allowed back it won't ever be the same.

ADVERTISEMENT