ADVERTISEMENT

Horrendous onside kick call

I loved it; we have a cut throat coach trying to put a game away early. No one expected it and it was very close to being executed properly. It's hard work trying to cover up for an absolute horrible defensive coordinator.

We have a coach who gets way to greedy at very inopportune times. The on-site kick plus the. bombs away play calling in the 2nd qtr. put our D on the field too much and allowed the Bears and their crowd back in the game. If we had run the ball down their throat at 21-7 we'd have put the game out of reach.

We have a coach who gets way to greedy at very inopportune times. The on-site kick plus the. bombs away play calling in the 2nd qtr. put our D on the field too much and allowed the Bears and their crowd back in the game. If we had run the ball down their throat at 21-7 we'd have put the game out of reach.
What I saw last night was lethargic play on the OL (for a good portion of the game) and defense. We came into the game already notching a win and the Bears just weren't going to simply lay down for us on their turf.

There is a very positive destiny awaiting this team. We are way to talented.

Baylor played their guts out....our coaches and players were both lethargic and flippant about the game.
Baylor QB hit only 36% of his passes coming into the game and had 3 or 4 picks just last week...DL was about the only group that played reasonable....I am in hopes this gets our young coach attention.

once again it just goes to show you that there isnt much difference between teams if you factor emotions into it....whatever was going on Baylor played with emotion last night. some of our leadership let us down last night....kids need to focus on playing football instead of running their mouth if they want to win anything at all.

hopefully Lincoln will recognize this is the time to stick his foot into someones backside and get these kids back into focusing on their season. Ohio State wont mean a thing if they lose any of these games being lazy or cocky.

Reactions: iasooner1
why Make that call Lincoln Riley when you are up 21-7? Call that energize Baylor and their fans and almost cost the game.
I agree. Didn't Stoops do that same thing against W. Virginia in a bowl game? You don't make it and it gives the momentum right back to the other team. Dumb call in my opinion

Reactions: iasooner1
The argument in favor of the call is that the plan to use a trick play is that it energizes the team during practice. They probably needed energizing due to the heavy odds in our favor.

I remember when the Saints ran the surprise onside in the Super Bowl to open the 2nd half and that call won them the game. If the surprise onside works everybody is saying that the coaches were genius in running it and we probably win the game by 4 or 5 touchdowns. I had no problem with the call, just wish we would have recovered it.

why Make that call Lincoln Riley when you are up 21-7? Call that energize Baylor and their fans and almost cost the game.
If it had worked, then it would be considered a genius call. But it didn't work, so it's suspect. It's like the onside kick call Saban called against Clemson in the 2015 national title game. It was pure genius.

Not a bad call at all. Only bad from someone watching the game from a TV broadcast where you can't see the whole field.
Baylor was playing very sloppy kickoff coverage and begging for this to happen to them. That onside kick was almost guaranteed to be Oklahoma ball had Seibert not kicked it too far. Had that ball been placed anywhere in-bounds, it was like 5v3 Oklahoma players to Baylor players and all 5 of ours were at the ball first.

ADVERTISEMENT