ADVERTISEMENT

Horns lose two players

Schoonerman

Sooner starter
May 29, 2001
Marietta, GA
Some of you might be interested in this news about our arch-rvial. 4 star true freshman LB Cecil Cherry and 4 star redshirt fresman RB Duke Catalon have both left the horns after four days of practice. Cherry's dad said his son was "not a good fit" with the horns D and was considering a transfer to Miami or USF. The article did not say if Catalon was transferring, but he was listed as fourth or fifth on the depth chart at RB.

I was under the impression that most defections occur after the season, but seems like there are always a few who leave after practice starts because they are not getting enough reps, are burided in the depth chart and/or see the writing on the wall, so they decide to move on. I'm sure horns have plenty of talent and won't miss a beat now that these two have left the team.

That's a good question, but I suspect the answer is that this will be considered a sit-out season.

That's a good question, but I suspect the answer is that this will be considered a sit-out season.

Ya that is what I was thinking as well, but didn't know if they could be already be considered committed for this season to UT since they have already reported for practice and such for this season. Or maybe it has to do with when they can leave UT and get enrolled at another program before the season starts?? Or maybe it's decided if they took the field for UT during a game or not this season?? I just have no idea where the breaking point is with the timing of them leaving right now so close to the season.

edit - okay thanks fitty. ;)

The National Letter of Intent includes a clause that you promise to play for that team the following school year, so I think they only sit out a year of "competition" which would be this year if they transfer and are attending classes immediately.

These guys have plenty of time to get into the current school year at another university.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/current/want-transfer

Reactions: BillyRay
They thought they would be on the 1st team. One of them was mad because he didn't get the # on his jersey he wanted. e don't need those kind of players. Good luck to them.

The National Letter of Intent includes a clause that you promise to play for that team the following school year, so I think they only sit out a year of "competition" which would be this year if they transfer and are attending classes immediately.

These guys have plenty of time to get into the current school year at another university.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/current/want-transfer

The article I read said Cherry's dad said his son would have to sit out a year. No mention of Catalon, but he'll most likely will sit out a year as well, unless he goes to a D-II school (or is it now called FCS school?).

That is what is being posted. There r other things. He thought he would be first team to start with.

That is what is being posted. There r other things. He thought he would be first team to start with.

He looks pretty good to me..............

tumblr_n6d4gvcILq1tpmgf1o1_400.gif

We harbor no doubt you'd feel that way.

I have the musketeers on ignore. I'm going to enjoy the season without them throwing daggers at posters and especially our team and coaches.

I may take them off if they actually START a thread worth interest. Go back 5 pages and not one of them starts a topic, they just reply in their own special way.........

81215f.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Section22Sooner
I have the musketeers on ignore. I'm going to enjoy the season without them throwing daggers at posters and especially our team and coaches.

I may take them off if they actually START a thread worth interest. Go back 5 pages and not one of them starts a topic, they just reply in their own special way.........

LOLOL :D

I4Jmrcjnr8Zfq.gif

Last edited:
BillyTroll probably has Horn buddies at work reading this message board. He comes after Sooners here to impress them so that they will continue to let him take breaks with them, (and whatever). It's been the same pattern for many years.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
BillyTroll probably has Horn buddies at work reading this message board. He comes after Sooners here to impress them so that they will continue to let him take breaks with them, (and whatever). It's been the same pattern for many years.

LOL it's hysterical how one comment can get some of you wound up. It literally is amazing. Maybe it's cuz old people are cranky?? :D:D

LOL it's hysterical how one comment can get some of you wound up. It literally is amazing. Maybe it's cuz old people are cranky?? :D:D

Oh, here they come with the elder bashing. Cranky, hilarious.

That is as absurd as us older folks saying that all younger people Billys age are consummate dumb asses...or is it?:rolleyes:

Oh, here they come with the elder bashing. Cranky, hilarious.

That is as absurd as us older folks saying that all younger people Billys age are consummate dumb asses...or is it?:rolleyes:

Or like you said the other day...."you youngin's are killing me" when trying to talk down about the "millennials". But I guess only elders can talk shit right?

Comprende?

22 I think billy is one of the best posters on this site, I just think y'all have different views on things. There is nothing wrong with that. Can't we all get along? Heck even fitty and I are getting drunk this coming season

If not, the ignore feature is always an option. I recently put a poster on ignore and although I enjoy all views, its something I did because the poster didn't offer anything to the site. Idk just a thought

22 I think billy is one of the best posters on this site, I just think y'all have different views on things. There is nothing wrong with that. Can't we all get along? Heck even fitty and I are getting drunk this coming season

^^I gave this post a like. The best part, which is 100% true, is in bold.
And serious Yankee..if you and fitty are having a game watching shindig with a few brews I better get an invite bro. :cool:

Fitty atleast lets go to long johns and hook me up with that sr citizen discount. 3 piece chicken and hush puppies sounds goooooood

81215f.gif
Sign him up for QB. I don't care if he throws side arm.

Some of you might be interested in this news about our arch-rvial. 4 star true freshman LB Cecil Cherry and 4 star redshirt fresman RB Duke Catalon have both left the horns after four days of practice. Cherry's dad said his son was "not a good fit" with the horns D and was considering a transfer to Miami or USF. The article did not say if Catalon was transferring, but he was listed as fourth or fifth on the depth chart at RB.

I was under the impression that most defections occur after the season, but seems like there are always a few who leave after practice starts because they are not getting enough reps, are burided in the depth chart and/or see the writing on the wall, so they decide to move on. I'm sure horns have plenty of talent and won't miss a beat now that these two have left the team.
The bigger issue is Swoopes is kicking Heard's ass in camp and that shouls scare any Horn fan to death. 6-6

I miss the days when news of our players transferring would result in rampant and gleeful speculation that we just lost our best players and the program is doomed for failure.

sigh...

Reactions: Medic007
I miss the days when news of our players transferring would result in rampant and gleeful speculation that we just lost our best players and the program is doomed for failure.

sigh...

sigh...
You don't need bad news anymore.... The program has been doomed for years and hiring Patterson just assured you are done for the next 5-10 years

Love how Sooner posters react to such news with meaningful, on topic discussion rather than obligatory Horn bashing. Can you imagine how such news about two OU recruits would be received on OB? There is zero doubt about the relative class of the respective fan bases. Hear me..ZERO DOUBT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT