ADVERTISEMENT

Hope is good, but reality...

dskou

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Aug 7, 2001
First, the good: Eli Bowen was finally sent out on the field and he just made play after play after play. He should play every defensive snap! The defense has played better but they were stingy in the red zone. Tatum fumbled but man did he look good on the rushing attempt.

Reality: The oline is bad and if they were going to morph into good, it should have happened by now. The WR's (when the camera showed them downfield) just don't get open much. This offense may not get to the 400 yard mark in any game all season. This offense is bad. Hawkins has a lot to learn and with this line it will be very difficult. Oh, and the TE's don't block.

The defense is stout but they have way too many missed tackles. RMT was a big disappointment. Needed him to ball out and he didn't. I just don't think this team has the needed mean streak in them to reach the next level.

Coaching: I've continued to give BB a pass on the oline. But it's time he's held accountable. His line is soft. No fight in them. They still appear to be unathletic. Yes, they've moved all over the place because of injuries. However, even freshmen should perform better than what we've seen. Hard to teach a QB to stand in the pocket when the oline allows it to collapse so quickly and easily. I was a big supporter for the Littrell hire. But I've questioned him a lot the last couple of games. However, I don't know how you can realistically judge him with no WR's and horrible oline play. Just not much to work with there. One certain flaw is not utilizing Tatum more. He could be a great one. I also have been a strong supporter of BV. But he has allowed this team and coaches to be too undisciplined. I saw mistake after mistake but the only one punished was Tatum and that was after 1 carry that was their best run of the day. This is an undisciplined team but I guess Tatum was held accountable as he didn't play another meaningful snap. JJF has done a terrible job with the TE's. Their blocking is atrocious.

Even bigger dose of reality, it will be hard to get to 7 wins and the SEC has no terrifying teams this year so texas might be able to run the table. And why don't I mute the announcers anytime when texas is playing?!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.