ADVERTISEMENT

Hey gang. Just a heads upl

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
I have been pretty nonfunctional for the last month or so. I had a stroke, and lost some weirdness in my right side and a little droopiness on the right side of me mouth.

Texting is ridiculously hard, and even on the key board, it takes a while. I've probably made 50 corrections in these 3 sentences and am leaving several more cause I'm tired of correcting, I'll be back around. But not much for a while.

(I just made 6 corrections from this post to clean it up, I have improved.)

Last edited:
I have been pretty nonfunctional for the last month of so. I had a stroke, and lost some weirdness in my right side and a little droopiness on the right side of me mouth.

Texting is ridiculously hard, and even on the kkey board, it takes a while. I'v= probably mde 50 corrections in these 3 sentences and am leaving several more cause I'm tired of correccting, Ill be back around. But not much for a while..

Sorry to hear you had a stroke. Take it easy and get well. You still have about five months until football starts up again. That’s when things get real. So do your rehab and come back strong. You will need to healthy for OU’s run a natty next season. You will need your strength because every title run has a high blood pressure and Hail Mary moment when all OU fans run the risk of a stroke or a widow maker.

Hang in there brother, my best bud and fishing partner had a stroke the friday before the super bowl. Just retired a year earlier. Seems fine but his mind slowed considerably. I hope you have the support you need and wish you a full recovery my man.

I have been pretty nonfunctional for the last month of so. I had a stroke, and lost some weirdness in my right side and a little droopiness on the right side of me mouth.

Texting is ridiculously hard, and even on the kkey board, it takes a while. I'v= probably mde 50 corrections in these 3 sentences and am leaving several more cause I'm tired of correccting, Ill be back around. But not much for a while..
Sorry to hear this. In my prayers!

Plain, I am sorry to hear about your health, but know you will be back a full strength in the near future. Look forward to hearing about your progress and talking football take care brotha!

Reactions: iasooner2000

So sorry old friend.

I believe you and I are near the same age. I'm curious. Do you have an idea of the contributing cause?
Some typical. Some not. I haven't smoked for 45 years, but if I had, they would have made me quit. I haven't had much to drink since I was a college student and not really much then, but I didn't social drink much at all. When I drank in college, I tried to get drunk and did. But I didn't drink any alcohol for 40 years. Then decided to drink a little red wine for my heart. Cut was back after the heart attack.

Mostly it's about a bed diet. I'm not going to totally change that. But I will do better. It's weird. They told he I have something in my brain that makes me more vulnerable to having the kind of stroke that is because of the blood pathways in my brain. So much so, that the heart attack caused blood thinners I started taking 2.5 years ago have to go away, which will make me more prone to another H A. But this stroke wasn't that kind of stroke. I'll be 70 in August, so that's a factor.

For two years I had been pretty good with my eating, but for the last 6 months, I backslid I bit. I guess I got tired of chicken and lettuce. One big deal is they want me to back way off on my salt. I suspect if I got laid occasionally, that would help. Ah but God has his rules, so to speak. The guys on the pay board woulld say that I was so unattractive, that It wouldn't matter anyway.

I would report that I am improved. This post took half the time as the OP. My fingers don't. work right yet, but I am better. I drove today for the first time. The neurologist told me to wait a month, and I told him I had to work at little. It felt weird. I'm going to try to do an appointment or two, three days a week. We'll see.

I really appreciate the good wishes and especially the prayer. Big believer in the value of prayer. I can't remember the last time I missed at softball game or a women's gymnastics meet that was televised, but life goes on.

Some typical. Some not. I haven't smoked for 45 years, but if I had, they would have made me quit. I haven't had much to drink since I was a college student and not really much then, but I didn't social drink much at all. When I drank in college, I tried to get drunk and did. But I didn't drink any alcohol for 40 years. Then decided to drink a little red wine for my heart. Cut was back after the heart attack.

Mostly it's about a bed diet. I'm not going to totally change that. But I will do better. It's weird. They told he I have something in my brain that makes me more vulnerable to having the kind of stroke that is because of the blood pathways in my brain. So much so, that the heart attack caused blood thinners I started taking 2.5 years ago have to go away, which will make me more prone to another H A. But this stroke wasn't that kind of stroke. I'll be 70 in August, so that's a factor.

For two years I had been pretty good with my eating, but for the last 6 months, I backslid I bit. I guess I got tired of chicken and lettuce. One big deal is they want me to back way off on my salt. I suspect if I got laid occasionally, that would help. Ah but God has his rules, so to speak. The guys on the pay board woulld say that I was so unattractive, that It wouldn't matter anyway.

I would report that I am improved. This post took half the time as the OP. My fingers don't. work right yet, but I am better. I drove today for the first time. The neurologist told me to wait a month, and I told him I had to work at little. It felt weird. I'm going to try to do an appointment or two, three days a week. We'll see.

I really appreciate the good wishes and especially the prayer. Big believer in the value of prayer. I can't remember the last time I missed at softball game or a women's gymnastics meet that was televised, but life goes on.

Good to hear from you, Plaino, and glad that you are doing better. Just be patient. BOOMER.

Yes, we are near the same age. I turned 70 in Feb this year. Diet and exercise is the key to a long healthy life (we've heard it all before). I hope you get to a condition that allows you to get your heart rate up each day. Chicken and lettuce gets old pretty quick.

I have drank enough beer in my life to float the USS Ronald Reagan but always like to run, walk or bike to offset the carbs/calories that come with lagers and ales. Marrying a 23 year old girl when I was 46 helps me keep a young attitude.

Stay positive and stay strong in your efforts. Step by step. Keep your mind as busy as your body. Surely you can get laid in the greater Dallas metro area. Anything can be ordered online and home delivered these days!!!

I have been pretty nonfunctional for the last month or so. I had a stroke, and lost some weirdness in my right side and a little droopiness on the right side of me mouth.

Texting is ridiculously hard, and even on the key board, it takes a while. I've probably made 50 corrections in these 3 sentences and am leaving several more cause I'm tired of correcting, I'll be back around. But not much for a while.

(I just made 6 corrections from this post to clean it up, I have improved.)
Plaino,
What's happened to you really puts things in perspective: that is, that whatever differences we have had here mean nothing in real life. All my concern is now is for you to continue being a valued member here and for all of us to enjoy your contribution to this board.
Take care my friend.

Plaino,

My mother-in-law had a stroke last year. She couldn't talk or anything for 2 weeks, then all of a sudden she seemed back to normal. She's 70 and has a lot of other health issues so if she can do it, you can too!

She's 70 years old, overweight, has COPD, heart disease, and diabetes, and takes about 20-30 pills a day.

ADVERTISEMENT