ADVERTISEMENT

Herman fired at Texas

CTOkie

Sooner starter
Sep 20, 2001
Portland Ct.
I believe this was a no-brainer.
Steve Sarkisian, Alabama's offensive coordinator, rumored to be successor.

You heard it here first: The Texass job will put Sarkisian on the sauce again. He will get fired drinking on the job. Sarkisian is OC under the guidance of Saban's short leash policies. He cannot handle the stress of HC. He couldn't handle the USC donors. He is going to be hit with tidal wave of rich assholes in Austin.

Last edited:
Interesting that they waited so long. I guess they couldn't talk to Sarkisian or announce until the new year. Saved them some money on a buyout.

VT was bout as close to a flash in the pan as it gets. Bwaaa ha ha ha ha.

Interesting that they waited so long. I guess they couldn't talk to Sarkisian or announce until the new year. Saved them some money on a buyout.

VT was bout as close to a flash in the pan as it gets. Bwaaa ha ha ha ha.
So why announce on Dec. 12 that Herman is the coach for the '21 season? Maybe texASS way to keep the recruits from bailing?

Reactions: iasooner1
Was just about to say the same thing. Hopefully he has gotten help. Austin isnt the best place for someone with a drinking problem.
There are many good AA and NA meetings in and around Austin... As a priest once wrote me after a relapse, "when are you going to get the sense that God gave a jackass? We drink and use because we drink and use. It is what addicts do. We don't need a reason..."

Reactions: veritas59
Texas couldn't very well keep Herman after their very public courtship of Urban Meyer. It was a de facto vote of "no confidence" as far as TH was concerned.

After skipping all of the low hanging fruit jabs at Sark's well-documented drinking issues, I'd be lying if I said I weren't tickled that Sarkisian is their choice for a replacement. There are a number of coaches that I think would be home run hires for that job including Matt Campbell at Iowa State and Tom Allen at Indiana among others. They need somebody who's innovative and hungry to energize recruiting and their fan base. Of course, I guess they thought they had that a few years ago when they hired Herman. Herman was at least a "Texas guy" to boot.

Now the Horns will have to eat the $25M buyouts for Herman and his staff. Bottom line: I'd be shocked if Sarkisian does any better than the guy he's replacing.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
You heard it here first: The Texass job will put Sarkisian on the sauce again. He will get fired drinking on the job. Sarkisian is OC under the guidance of Saban's short leash policies. He cannot handle the stress of HC. He couldn't handle the USC donors. He is going to be hit with tidal wave of rich assholes in Austin.
I was thinking the same thing...

Whorn's got all the money in the world. We'll keep on owning the conference while the "richest" cfb program continues to flame out. Why they didn't jump on Campbell is beyond me. Sark surviving 6th street? 6th street is gonna end him.

It is stunning how little you so called experts know about alcoholism. To assume that the job or the environment will automatically cause Sark to relapse is preposterous. I started an E.A.P. in my company in the mid 80s. In 1986 I availed myself of the program. For 30 more years I had a successful career as an executive in the AB system. In other words, I was around beer pretty much 24/7. I expect he will do well, whether as a coach or a recovering alcoholic.

It is stunning how little you so called experts know about alcoholism. To assume that the job or the environment will automatically cause Sark to relapse is preposterous. I started an E.A.P. in my company in the mid 80s. In 1986 I availed myself of the program. For 30 more years I had a successful career as an executive in the AB system. In other words, I was around beer pretty much 24/7. I expect he will do well, whether as a coach or a recovering alcoholic.
I admire people who conquer addictions and restore their lives. It takes a lot of effort and resolve to overcome those things.

Rarely have we seen a person fail who has THOROUGHLY followed our path...

It is simple, if you do it.

Reactions: veritas59
I was really hoping VT would get a ten year extension. But the former AA member will likely be an interesting read, dealing with Longhorn alums.

For those of us that have little experience in dealing with the dark side of alcohol, what is E.A.P. and AB system?

Companies routinely establish an Employee Assistance Program. I did at my company back in the ‘90s. I took AB to mean Alcoholic Beverage.
Thank you sir. I've drank enough beer in my life to float the USS Ronald Reagan but I never had a problem with it. I'm not familiar with these terms. In my industry, contract employees were screened thoroughly before being hired.

ADVERTISEMENT