ADVERTISEMENT

Here me out...

dmackey13

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2008
Seth is gone. I'm sure he'll be okay and I'm personally sad to see him go. However, we have business to conduct and everyone has their fave candidate...and well, I have mine. His is a name no one has mentioned, but if I were OU Brass, he'd be #1 on my list.

* Disclaimer...if u heard our emergency pod, then you know who it is and I bet you already agree with me.

My pick:
1. Has a distinct and illustrious track record of working with qbs
2. Hes been on MULTIPLE staffs that have won National titles and has either called plays or been "co/pass game coordinator" on said teams.
3. Hes been mentored and groomed by possibly the best coach in college football today
4. Hes also NOT a pie in the sky option, meaning it'd be an upgrade, the economics make sense and our OC position would allow him a HBC position in the near future
5. He's been recruiting coordinator at some of the best programs in America
6. Hes sent 1st round draft pick qbs to the NFL
7. Hes been on opposite sidelines against us on multiple occasions and hasn't lost to us
8. If he jumped ship I'd be willing to bet players would come with him...HIGH 4 star and potential 5 star
9. Day 1, he'd give us a real and clear temperature check of our current talent/culture/environment vs the literal standard of college football the last 5 to 10yrs. He'd let us know if our practices and players cut the mustard.
10. I honestly believe he'd seriously consider us and if we were willing to pay 1.6mil plus...he wouldn't be able to say NO and his current school wouldn't be able to match because if they did, he'd impose on the "play caller" currently.

Sign me up TODAY for the Wr Coach and Co-OC at UGA Coach Coley.
Not only is their offense one that has been very multiple and effective of late. They can pass the ball, move the pocket, and run when they need to. Hes developed lessor qbs and turned high recruits in 1st Round Draft picks.
He knows what winning, physical culture looks like and as a past recruiting coordinator (at FSU) he's got to be a player's coach. He's the current "assistant HBC" which is a title we all know is given to a guy you don't want to leave but he's NOT the current play caller at UGA. However, he has called plays before.

My biggest reason...economically UGA can't match a big pay day if we offer one and not also up the ante on Bobo who does call plays. OU is now in the SEC and him coming here and fixing that side of the ball would merit him any HBC job in America in 2 or 3 seasons.

How many 1b and 2nd string guys from UGA jump ship with him if he takes the job? Guys who want to play and know OU is a true Blue Blood.

Tell me a better option that will solve a lot of our issues AND is realistic (guys like Hartline or Stein are not making a lateral move).

I totally SOLD myself...lol
My #2 is Junior Adams at Oregon for a lot of the same reasons. Although with Adams, I have a personal friend I've known since PeeWee football at the helm.

End of the day. I want a coach who comes and brings culture and players with them. As good as Indiana, UNLV, Pitt etc. are. Idk if any coordinator from said schools fixes our issues in a year. Coley is my slam dunk hire 🫡

Thgts...

Last edited:
Reactions: Zack232
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.