ADVERTISEMENT

Herbie has lost his mind

Georgia got dominated by LSU and lost to Bama's second team QB. They
obviously can't beat Alabama so let someone else have a shot. I really hate to pull for Texas but I would kinda like to see them beat Georgia.

Same. It pains me to say it but I do want Texas to beat Georgia. Then the analysts will say oh Georgia didn’t want to be there... :D

I said it the other night, Herbie has lost his mind when he said Georgia should be number 3, moved up from 4 after they lost to bama in the SECCG but at least one poster said that Herbie has been pro OU for years. He lost all my ahem respect when he said Georgia should be moved up after a loss in a CCG, a 2 loss team at that point. Remember boys and girls, when an sec team loses to another sec team its not a loss but a half win! Good grief. He is nothing more than a pimp for the sec just like all the rest.

He's turning into a damn idiot! UGA should be in the playoff after losing by 20 to LSU (and looking completely inept while doing it) and blowing a 14 point lead in their Conference Championship? Those 2 reasons are exactly why they shouldn't be included. They had their chance and blew it!

All the experts are already penciling in Clemson - Alabama. I hope both fan bases are already buying those tickets then have to try to sell them off if they lose. Both of them have become very arrogant and both think they are entitled to a spot every year. The committee in regard to Bama has already enabled Bama by including them last year.

Does anyone really think if say OU went into that game 12-0 vs Texas and the Horns were 11-1 ( ranked 1 and 4) and the game was also close that these assholes would be pimping Texas to get in still if they lost. Better yet if OU lost does anyone believe they would be pimping OU to still get in?

Finebaun is the biggest idiot hired by ESPN and his twitter is full of SEC bias and hate for any other conference and he wants to mouth off about politics. As far as Herbie goes he got pissed last year and actually left the selection show for a few seconds when Bama was selected in the 4th slot. Now this year he thinks a win over Mich should have out them past OU and thats what he is really pissed about. Yes his actions lately has been bitch moves.

Oh St fans got enabled in 14 and in 16 so they thought there was no way THE should ever get left out. Now that its happened 2 years in a row all of a sudden they want change and conf championships now matter to them. Funny how that goes isnt it?

Last edited:
Already seeing online and getting told by bama fans that bama is going to destroy us and tua should win the heisman because Murray put up his numbers playing weak defenses. Thats ok, line em up and lets see what happens. I know if they had their druthers they would rather be facing ND in the Semis. Only way to shut up the talking heads pimping the sec sec sec every year is to win the Title.
Can't really blame the bama fans though for thinking they will roll over our defense, they just might.

One of my best friends is an Ohio State grad, and he knew they were not in the mix after the Purdue blowout. When there is a subjective comparison, a 29-point loss is simply much worse than a 3-point loss. Not to mention, the 3-point loss was made up for by a 12-point win... Any argument should have been between OU and Central Florida.

And Georgia is out with 2 losses. Period.

NewKirk Herbstreit: Politics overruled Georgia in CFB Playoff
  • by Brad Crawford
  • 23 hours ago

Nearly three days after the College Football Playoff selection committee's final four reveal, College GameDay analyst Kirk Herbst

Herbstreit voiced his displeasure during Tuesday's appearance on The Paul Finebaum Show with a long-winded answer as to why the Bulldogs were left out.

In summation? Politics played a primary role in Georgia finishing at No. 5, behind Big 12 Conference champion Oklahoma and ahead of Ohio State.

“For the first four years of this I’ve always defended the committee," Herbstreit said Tuesday. "They’ve taken some criticism from some people who didn’t understand what they did. I loved that they were willing to go against the grain the first year in 2014 when Ohio State won 59-0 (against Wisconsin in the Big Ten title game) with a third string quarterback and they bumped Ohio State two spots over both Baylor and TCU and put them into the top four, and they went on to win the national championship.

“In 2016, Ohio State again was in the crosshairs, they lost to Penn State head to head and didn’t even go to Indianapolis and yet they thought Ohio State was a better team they put them into the playoffs that year. Last year, Alabama didn’t make it to Atlanta. They lost in the Iron Bowl, but at the end of the day, they felt Alabama was still a better team, so they put them in using the metrics and their own eyes to say Bama was still a better team, and Bama went on to the national title.

“So we came into this year with that as our backdrop and I bragged on this committee because their willingness to not be like the old school AP voter, or a Coaches’ Poll and we got into this year and I felt for the last five for six weeks that this Georgia team — and I didn’t go to Georgia, I’m not from the SEC — do you know who I’m loyal to? College football. Not the Big Ten, not Ohio State, not Georgia, when it comes to my job, I’m loyal and have a passion to college football and I want to see the four best teams get their chance, because that’s what’s right and that’s what’s fair."

Georgia's double-digit road loss to LSU and falling on the final weekend was ultimately the committee's reasoning for keeping the Bulldogs out.

Herbstreit wasn't a fan of that.

“Now, it’s subjective, everyone is entitled to who they think is the best. I’m not pushing for an agenda. I'm not pushing for Ohio State to make it as a fan," Herbstreit said. "I’m pushing for what’s right and what’s right is how can you watch Georgia be No. 4 and then go out and play the No. 1-ranked team, and not only hang around with them, but control them for much of the game until Jalen Hurts decides to write a Hollywood script and come back and knock off Georgia.

“And now we’re supposed to say Georgia, for that performance, you went from No. 4, you’re going backwards? To me, if anything, they should have gone up to No. 3, not backwards to No. 5. It’s the first time the committee let the politics of the conferences, the Power 5 conferences and their commissioners, and having to face them, they finally let them affect doing the right thing."

Herbstreit pointed to Notre Dame's lack of quality wins as a reason the Irish shouldn't have been viewed as favorably as it was on the final day.

Its being discussed on main rivals soundoff board. Remember folks when THE jumped TCU or got in 2016 without winning its division he had no problems with it. He can try to word it all he wants about it being politics but its far from that. He is being nothing more than a little bitch boy about it all.

https://forums.rivals.com/threads/h...ting-in-says-politics-played-key-role.855849/

Just put 4 sec sec sec teams in the playoffs every year and then maybe espin will be happy, but they would still find something to gripe about, probably that the best 4 sec sec sec teams were not in it so they would push for an 8 team playoff so most of the best teams from the sec sec sec gets in. But they would still not be happy until there was a 14 team playoff so all the best teams in the sec sec sec ahem I mean College Football can get in. Until then and only then would we know who the best team is because all the sec sec sec teams are GREAT! Hell just give them all a National Title in the sec sec sec every year since most of them ride the coat tails of Bama's success anyway. Where's the tylenol?
:D

Reactions: Soonerborn59
Just put 4 sec sec sec teams in the playoffs every year and then maybe espin will be happy, but they would still find something to gripe about, probably that the best 4 sec sec sec teams were not in it so they would push for an 8 team playoff so most of the best teams from the sec sec sec gets in. But they would still not be happy until there was a 14 team playoff so all the best teams in the sec sec sec ahem I mean College Football can get in. Until then and only then would we know who the best team is because all the sec sec sec teams are GREAT! Hell just give them all a National Title in the sec sec sec every year since most of them ride the coat tails of Bama's success anyway. Where's the tylenol?
:D
Yeah, and let's do away with the Electoral College system so that candidates will only have to campaign in NY, New England, Illinois and California.

NewKirk Herbstreit: Politics overruled Georgia in CFB Playoff
  • by Brad Crawford
  • 23 hours ago

Nearly three days after the College Football Playoff selection committee's final four reveal, College GameDay analyst Kirk Herbst

Herbstreit voiced his displeasure during Tuesday's appearance on The Paul Finebaum Show with a long-winded answer as to why the Bulldogs were left out.

In summation? Politics played a primary role in Georgia finishing at No. 5, behind Big 12 Conference champion Oklahoma and ahead of Ohio State.

“For the first four years of this I’ve always defended the committee," Herbstreit said Tuesday. "They’ve taken some criticism from some people who didn’t understand what they did. I loved that they were willing to go against the grain the first year in 2014 when Ohio State won 59-0 (against Wisconsin in the Big Ten title game) with a third string quarterback and they bumped Ohio State two spots over both Baylor and TCU and put them into the top four, and they went on to win the national championship.

“In 2016, Ohio State again was in the crosshairs, they lost to Penn State head to head and didn’t even go to Indianapolis and yet they thought Ohio State was a better team they put them into the playoffs that year. Last year, Alabama didn’t make it to Atlanta. They lost in the Iron Bowl, but at the end of the day, they felt Alabama was still a better team, so they put them in using the metrics and their own eyes to say Bama was still a better team, and Bama went on to the national title.

“So we came into this year with that as our backdrop and I bragged on this committee because their willingness to not be like the old school AP voter, or a Coaches’ Poll and we got into this year and I felt for the last five for six weeks that this Georgia team — and I didn’t go to Georgia, I’m not from the SEC — do you know who I’m loyal to? College football. Not the Big Ten, not Ohio State, not Georgia, when it comes to my job, I’m loyal and have a passion to college football and I want to see the four best teams get their chance, because that’s what’s right and that’s what’s fair."

Georgia's double-digit road loss to LSU and falling on the final weekend was ultimately the committee's reasoning for keeping the Bulldogs out.

Herbstreit wasn't a fan of that.

“Now, it’s subjective, everyone is entitled to who they think is the best. I’m not pushing for an agenda. I'm not pushing for Ohio State to make it as a fan," Herbstreit said. "I’m pushing for what’s right and what’s right is how can you watch Georgia be No. 4 and then go out and play the No. 1-ranked team, and not only hang around with them, but control them for much of the game until Jalen Hurts decides to write a Hollywood script and come back and knock off Georgia.

“And now we’re supposed to say Georgia, for that performance, you went from No. 4, you’re going backwards? To me, if anything, they should have gone up to No. 3, not backwards to No. 5. It’s the first time the committee let the politics of the conferences, the Power 5 conferences and their commissioners, and having to face them, they finally let them affect doing the right thing."

Herbstreit pointed to Notre Dame's lack of quality wins as a reason the Irish shouldn't have been viewed as favorably as it was on the final day.

Its being discussed on main rivals soundoff board. Remember folks when THE jumped TCU or got in 2016 without winning its division he had no problems with it. He can try to word it all he wants about it being politics but its far from that. He is being nothing more than a little bitch boy about it all.

https://forums.rivals.com/threads/h...ting-in-says-politics-played-key-role.855849/

He is going to look really stupid if we beat Alabama and TX beats Georgia.

47573525_2520551134627220_6875552061694410752_n.jpg

Good grief...people will believe anything thats on the internet...LOL

Not really as honestly I take it all with a grain of salt but for every comment made I would be using it as bulliton board material true or not. Anger can be a powerful motivator if used correctly.

Reactions: CTOkie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT