ADVERTISEMENT

Heading into the Bye Week how're you feeling? Concerns?

Nico_Z23

Walk-on candidate
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2023
The Sooners somehow managed to pull it out at Jordan Hare when all hope seemed lost, Sooner Magic showed up again. Here are some things I noticed and would like to talk about.

First off Mike Hawkins Played a pretty clean game, didn't turn the ball over but also wasn't too conservative. Although he was leaving the pocket early quite often. Would love to see him hang in there a little longer and make a throw. But overall not bad.

Seth Littrell, Man where do I even start. It just baffles me that on passing downs we have two tight ends and only 2 receivers on the field. Something is going to have to change schematic wise or it's going to continue to be a long year for this offense. I'm also confused as to why Gavin Sawchuk didn't get more carries yesterday? He broke one and looked great on that run. Also barely getting Pettaway involved in the gameplan just baffles me, Not to mention we continued to throw the ball at the line of scrimmage when Auburn was pressing and playing up most of the game. It took till the end of the 4th Quarter to throw the ball deep. And when we did good things happened. On the OL I'm still confused as to why Troy Everett isn't playing, Jake Sexton is awful at guard. I'm sorry I know some of you are high on the kid but he generates no push in the run game. Either play him at Tackle or don't play him at all. TE's are a growing concern still, Jake Roberts literally cost the Offense 75+ yards of offense. Sharp actually looked physical when he had the ball in his hands.

Defense, Man Woodi Washington is just a liability out there on defense. The dude can't succeed at Corner, Nickel, or Cheetah. Not sure where he plays in this defense. Our corners didn't look great a lot of bad technique and not turning around. Kani Walker needs to be playing zone he just simply can't cover man to man. Eli Bowen on the other hand looked great again man, no complaints with the young pup. Peyton got beat deep on a ball other than that didn't see much of him on defense. Stuts had a subpar performance this game, He missed too many tackles and ran in the wrong gap all day long. DL was good in the pass rush at the end of the game, they were very quiet for the first 3 quarters and weren't great in run D. That may be due to the game last week but that's something they're going to have to get used to. Kip Lewis saved the game, just an incredible play dude was falling back on his feet and made an amazing play, best play of his young career so far. PJ Adebawore got some run late in the game, confused as to why he doesn't get in earlier in the game but it is what it is I guess.

Special teams, Man Give it up to Luke Elzinga. Dude has been amazing all year and showed it again. Has he been our best punter since Tress Way? That's very debatable. Zach Schmit has redeemed himself in the eyes of sooner nation. Made two FG that we absolutely needed.

At the end of the day we won and that's all that matters, hopefully they use this bye week to polish things up on offense. And get some well needed rest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.