ADVERTISEMENT

Heading into Saturday, Joe Lunardi has OU in the NCAA bracket

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
at a 10 seed. I have to believe we have to win one or two more to be certain. But Lunardi has OU, Tech and Texas in the bracket. OU and Texas are both 10th in the seeding. Tech is a 9 seed. Baylor and Kansas are both one's.

Obviously, that is subject to change with at least two games left for everybody. OU at TCU Saturday. Texas hosts OSU. Tech hosts Kansas, who will likely be playing without their big man.

West Virginia is tied with OU at 8-9 in the conference, and has a better non conference record. But they host Baylor Saturday. The Bears are likely to be playing for a one seed in the NCAA's. So it should be interesting. OU swept West Virginia, which is also huge.

I think most of us will be shocked if OU loses to TCU, then gets beat in the first round of the tournament, that we'd be unlikely to make the tournament. But that one point win over MSU seems to be helping. But TCU had a big upset of Baylor a week ago. They'll be tough to beat in Fort Worth.

Laying a massive egg in Fort Worth right now. Not at all sure that we even deserve to be in the dance.

Reactions: sooners49
Had to turn it off after a few minutes. So sad to watch what was once a decent program.I was a Lon supporter but it’s time for a change because this team looks poorly coached.

Still think one W in the big XII tournament will put us in the dance. But we'll likely be a first round exit.

Lon is struggling to get consistency out of these guys. They've had some great wins, a couple of bad losses, and a lot of hard fought losses. They're a bubble team for sure if you look at the resume. Won't be upset if they don't get in.

OU pulls it out 78-76. Reaves with a two pointer with .5 seconds on the clock. Reaves 41 points tonight. Manek with two late 3's helped in the comeback. Down 13 with 5 minutes to go. After the crushing last second loss to Texas last week, OU with a little grit tonight. OU ends up as the #3 seed in Big12 tournament.

I'm OOC, but it looks like they never led until the last bucket.
That is correct. They led for half a second.

I thought the officials were horrible. They called some ticky tack stuff on TCU that were a factor in OU getting back in the game. But they did the same thing on the other end.

And there were they blows to the face on TCU that left lumps with no call on the Frogs. One of them when Manek was hit by something close to a fist early 2nd half, was called on the guy who was hit. Players had no idea about how to play defense. Train wrecks were no called for two minutes. Then not much was a foul for awhile, and then back again.

Because the Horns got beat, OU, who looked headed for a 6-seed early in the day, ended up a 3-seed.

I thought Williams was a big positive in the last 10 minutes, until he fouled out. That, after little playing time in the 2nd half against Texas.

OU's biggest deficit was 20. They trailed by 18 at half, 19 at 10:04 left and by 13 with 4:20 to play.

Reaves scored 41, which according to the broadcasters beat the XII single game high in any conference games, by ten points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT