ADVERTISEMENT

Have you ever had one of those weeks that you step back and say WOW!

K2C Sooner

Sooner starter
Sep 2, 2012
Catoosa OK
It all started on Saturday, my birthday and I got the Texas\OU loss. That was tough, but nothing compared to what was going to happen.
Monday my father decided to quit eating and has decided to die. His body is shutting down and it will be anytime now.
Tuesday we started a second murder trial for my wife's son killer. The verdict was guilty in the second degree, even though the evidence showed first. How can you ignore testimony of the biitch licking his blood off the wall. My wife collapsed outside the courtroom and I checked her into Laureate hospital for grief relief therapy.
Thursday I got one of those greetings from the IRS saying I owe 2600 dollars, but weren't able to tell me on the phone what was wrong. My accountant is working on it.

Last, but not least, I got a call that my wife's best friend was shot and killed in a home invasion in Okmulgee County. Here's the link......

Like I said......WOW...

http://www.newson6.com/story/30289886/okmulgee-county-woman-shot-killed-after-surprising-intruder

Sorry to hear that k2c. Regardless of arguments and disagreements on here, we forget we all have real life issues. My prayers are with your you, your wife and your family

Reactions: iasooner1
K2C...This is an incredible run of bad luck, but I'm glad you felt free to come here and let us know what is going on with you. We are Family...Your Sooner Family. Because you were able to do that, the number of people who will be supportive of you has multiplied. When you share your burdens, you lighten your load, and I hope that you strongly feel those positive results...

I sincerely offer my Thoughts, and Prayers for You, and Yours...

Thursday I got one of those greetings from the IRS saying I owe 2600 dollars, but weren't able to tell me on the phone what was wrong. My accountant is working on it.

Did you get an actual letter from the IRS and call them about it, or did you just get a call from someone claiming to be with the IRS? If you just got a call--no letter in advance--it could be a scam. Maybe your situation is legit but I've gotten bogus calls from "the IRS" before so I'll leave this link to boost awareness and whatnot:

IRS info on scam calls

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Did you get an actual letter from the IRS and call them about it, or did you just get a call from someone claiming to be with the IRS? If you just got a call--no letter in advance--it could be a scam. Maybe your situation is legit but I've gotten bogus calls from "the IRS" before so I'll leave this link to boost awareness and whatnot:

IRS info on scam calls

No it's legit. Thanks for warning others about the scam though. I had already read it. I love the net. It doesn't take long for these type of scams to get exposed............

BTW, a follow up on my OP. My wife doesn't know about losing her best friend. I have a call in to her doctors and will let them tell her while she's under their care.......

Reactions: iasooner1
K2C, I don't have words to say except that I am very sorry.

Sometimes, that's all there is to say. We guys love to fix it, but sometimes, there isn't room for that.

K2C, all we can offer is to try to be there. It's piling up. I wish there was something to say that could make it less horrible, but there really isn't. We can promise to pray for you, and will.

Hang in there.

It all started on Saturday, my birthday and I got the Texas\OU loss. That was tough, but nothing compared to what was going to happen.
Monday my father decided to quit eating and has decided to die. His body is shutting down and it will be anytime now.
Tuesday we started a second murder trial for my wife's son killer. The verdict was guilty in the second degree, even though the evidence showed first. How can you ignore testimony of the biitch licking his blood off the wall. My wife collapsed outside the courtroom and I checked her into Laureate hospital for grief relief therapy.

Last, but not least, I got a call that my wife's best friend was shot and killed in a home invasion in Okmulgee County. Here's the link......

Like I said......WOW...

http://www.newson6.com/story/30289886/okmulgee-county-woman-shot-killed-after-surprising-intruder
This pretty much sums up my year,
Oil prices are killing business for me
Daughter doesn't make enough money to live on her own and depends on me
Ex mother in law died from a cancer diagnosis in less than 2 months
Ex wife, the mother of my children, attempts suicide after above mother in law dies
Dog I've had for 15 years gets cancer and I had to put her down
Numerous other little bullshit things I don't even want to list
Not even going to discuss IRS issues I've had for years
The only thing that keeps me going is family, and knowing that everything happens for a reason. We aren't meant to understand every turn in life, but to have faith in knowing that whatever comes our way, somehow it will make us stronger.
My best words of advise would be "keep the faith brother, your not alone."

Like I said......WOW...

You must be a very strong man - we're only given that which we can carry. I hope things lighten up for you.

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
LOL in addition to my post above, I got a speeding ticket for the first time in years about 2 weeks ago. Just so happened to be in a school zone which requires a mandatory court date on the 19th, which was yesterday. I wake up this morning thinking it's the 19th only to find it's the 20th. Now I'm sure I have a warrant out for my arrest! LMAO.......come on, you can't write this stuff. All I can do is laugh ;) Lets see if I can get through the rest of this week without any more drama.

K2C and Trademarcs

Man oh Man. So sorry about what's going on in your lives right now. Hang in there, you won't stay in the valley long. Keep hanging on and keep looking up, give your burdens over to HIM.

I ask everyone of you scoopers right now as soon as you read this thread to stop and say a prayer for peace for these guys and their families right now. Let them know you have prayers going up for them. I just did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT