ADVERTISEMENT

Had enough yet?

Not that I was an NBA fan to start with, but this will spread to other team sports. We'll see what happens with CFB, but if they follow suit, my only sports interests will be boxing and MMA.

https://oklahoman.com/article/56655...working-with-nba-to-allow-messages-on-jerseys

The pampered millionaires in the NBA are so oppressed! I think wearing their groovy social justice slogans on their jerseys is a great idea! I bet the death rate from shootings in Chicago and New York drop like a 100 percent after Lebron, CP3, and the gang make their big stand! I bet the whole country is going to start wearing their own saying on their shirts too after those poor NBA guys show us what’s what! In fact, I bet the whole country gets woke in no time now that these hero’s are standing up to all that’s wrong in the world! Hooray!

One thing I've discovered in the last four months, is that I can be a sports lover at the highest level, and still live without it. I guess if stadiums can't be full up anyway, they can piss some of us off, and still not impact who comes to watch. And then there is, "will I watch on tv?" Sooner football, and women's softball and gymnastics? Probably mostly. But this trumpeting the cause of the terrorists who are destroying the property of people who never did anything to harm them, and kills some others, it's unlikely to sit well with at least some of us. And my guess is that at least some of OU's important donors are pretty far on the right side of the political spectrum, and that a universtiy starved for income, will lose some more.

I was intending to write a four figure check to the softball program at some point for stadium enhancement. Whatever that means, but my university has gone off the deep end, and joined in with a very false narrative on so many levels. They will very likely never get another dime from me for anything. I'll probably the better for it, to find something else to be passionate about.

Last edited:
Our society is not progressing with its religious fervor in being obsessed with symbols, words and irrational fears. It's falling back into a medieval type of superstitious fear that everyone must believe....or pretend to believe...for the supposed welfare of all.
We are just getting started with this "moral fever" and it will proceed onward from one absurdity to the next. No amount of this moral censorship will be declared enough to save our culture. Those who are not on board with this enforcement of the new symbology will be "excommunicated".
The efforts of those who regard themselves as our moral and spiritual saviors represent a throwback to ages past....and one that no advanced society should want to revisit.

The future of all sports as I see it...
1. Games, events will be streamed live for a large fee.
2. The introduction of Super Fans will occur. The amount or quantity of fans will be reduced. These super fans will pay to upcharges to cover the lost revenues in ticket sales.
3. Stadiums, Ballparks, or Arenas will be re-designed to accomodate pampering the Super Fan for the new upcharges.
4. Uniforms will eventually go the way of Nascar with patchwork revenue placements.
5. Political messages will be displayed throughout the game, the team(s), the sport, and the season(s).

These may not occur overnite or even rapidly, but these are coming. We're already witnessing these things on a small scale.

2. The introduction of Super Fans will occur. The amount or quantity of fans will be reduced. These super fans will pay to upcharges to cover the lost revenues in ticket sales.
3. Stadiums, Ballparks, or Arenas will be re-designed to accomodate pampering the Super Fan for the new upcharges.
4. Uniforms will eventually go the way of Nascar with patchwork revenue placements.
5. Political messages will be displayed throughout the game, the team(s), the sport, and the season(s).

These may not occur overnite or even rapidly, but these are coming. We're already witnessing these things on a small scale.

You only missed one thing; I won't be a part of that future

Not sure how long that could work. Watching any sport without excited fans live at the time, will erode much of the fun of watching. And most of the rich guys who would make up the superfan congregation, tend to be a bit quiet on game day. And as the financial elite hang around together on game day, their excitement is likely to be more of interest about the spread, than the home team

One thing I've discovered in the last four months, is that I can be a sports lover at the highest level, and still live without it. I guess if stadiums can't be full up anyway, they can piss some of us off, and still not impact who comes to watch. And then there is, "will I watch on tv?" Sooner football, and women's softball and gymnastics? Probably mostly. But this trumpeting the cause of the terrorists who are destroying the property of people who never did anything to harm them, and kills some others, it's unlikely to sit well with at least some of us. And my guess is that at least some of OU's important donors are pretty far on the right side of the political spectrum, and that a universtiy starved for income, will lose some more.

I was intending to write a four figure check to the softball program at some point for stadium enhancement. Whatever that means, but my university has gone off the deep end, and joined in with a very false narrative on so many levels. They will very likely never get another dime from me for anything. I'll probably the better for it, to find something else to be passionate about.
Current or former people associated with the OU softball program seems to be the most politically vocal followed by people associated with OU women's basketball. This includes the head coach. I'm done attending these 2 OU sports.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
How outraged are these athletes going to be when their politics’ are rejected by large numbers of people who will stop their attendance and donations to universities that in turn will cause entire sports program’s to be eliminated with loss of scholarships....

They will do what they have been taught by their Marxist professors and scream racism. It’s all they know.

Our university’s are broken and this includes much of OU

I am willing to watch OU football on PPV if that’s what it takes. Every game. And ignore all this other shit. I’m too fricking old and forgetful to waste my time worrying about crap I have absolutely no control over. I will be a Sooner fan and a college football fan until the day I die or finally lose it, whichever comes first. I don’t have to agree with their shenanigans to enjoy the sport.

I am willing to watch OU football on PPV if that’s what it takes. Every game. And ignore all this other shit. I’m too fricking old and forgetful to waste my time worrying about crap I have absolutely no control over. I will be a Sooner fan and a college football fan until the day I die or finally lose it, whichever comes first. I don’t have to agree with their shenanigans to enjoy the sport.
Agree...but I'm prepared to lose a season of football if it means getting this pandemic under control. I just hope a year from now this year of 2020 is just a sad memory, but it will take an effective vaccine to make it happen and I don't expect it to happen until well into 2021.
Taking a knee or any kind of PEACEFUL protest has never been an issue with me, but censoring history, however bad it was, is morally wrong as it makes us unaware of the past which dooms us to repeat it.....and too many of us are already too unaware or apathetic to care.

I was done with pro sports once Kaeperjoke started his anti-American BS. As for OU, if they win, great, but with this anti-Americanism creeping into college sports, too, I won't be investing any money or emotion. I may start spending more time at the gun range. It's only a mater of time before the BLM riots find their way the suburbs, and it's best to be prepared.

I’ve lost interest in all sports these days. I can honestly say for the first time in my life of 61 years that I don’t care if ANY sports are ever played again. I have finally become so tired of all this unrest and absolute absurdity of the players and colleges stances they and the schools can just wallow in their choices. I will not watch or support any of this any longer.

I haven't lost interest in sports but I can maintain my mental status quo in the absence of it.
The unrest I'm witnessing is with mixed feelings.
Peaceful protest, however much I see as silly or against my beliefs, is not an issue and it is a right I do not want to see abolished. It is VERY American.
One can protest the government's policies without being anti-American.
But times like this bring out the worst in us....from both sides....as it did in the Vietnam era. Protests become hijacked by forces that are ill founded.
I believe we are being divided by media propaganda (including Fox) and politicians. We cannot even be unified in the face of this pandemic as we wallow in blame-game and Trump-hate rhetoric. In the end, we are to blame for allowing this "Kool-Ade" to be served to us.
Most of all, I think the days of electing truly independent-thinking, patriotic people into government who can see beyond party lines are over.

Reactions: sooners49
Our society is not progressing with its religious fervor in being obsessed with symbols, words and irrational fears. It's falling back into a medieval type of superstitious fear that everyone must believe....or pretend to believe...for the supposed welfare of all.
We are just getting started with this "moral fever" and it will proceed onward from one absurdity to the next. No amount of this moral censorship will be declared enough to save our culture. Those who are not on board with this enforcement of the new symbology will be "excommunicated".
The efforts of those who regard themselves as our moral and spiritual saviors represent a throwback to ages past....and one that no advanced society should want to revisit.

Give a liberal any liberal a flawless diamond and they will turn it into a turd in a day or so. They are like Raccoons, what they don't crap all over they destroy it.

Give a liberal any liberal a flawless diamond and they will turn it into a turd in a day or so. They are like Raccoons, what they don't crap all over they destroy it.
Why is it that the so-called "blue" states are generally more financially troubled than "red" states ? Five of the six New England states, Illinois, New York and California are in deep financial stress or at least much more so than the "red" states.

Yet the last time I checked the list of poorest states, the top 10 were just about all red states. Why is that I wonder? Oh, and Oklahoma was #10. Maybe lower wages have something to say about conservatives and liberals. Just saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: OU50 and bobcrane14
Yet the last time I checked the list of poorest states, the top 10 were just about all red states. Why is that I wonder? Oh, and Oklahoma was #10. Maybe lower wages have something to say about conservatives and liberals. Just saying.
The barometer for gauging "poor" has a sliding scale. Oklahoma has a long history of making some very stupid mistakes when major corporation come knocking. Tax breaks and other incentives would seem a give and take to encourage big business to set up manufacturing. Oklahoma is poor by choice then.

You see that the Fed is denying MPLS request for $$$ to rebuild the destruction they allowed under their “control”. I say fine except not all the affected businesses are purple. Probably a case by case assessment is warranted for escape from the hell-hole at minimum ?

Reactions: sooners49
I haven't lost interest in sports but I can maintain my mental status quo in the absence of it.
The unrest I'm witnessing is with mixed feelings.
Peaceful protest, however much I see as silly or against my beliefs, is not an issue and it is a right I do not want to see abolished. It is VERY American.
One can protest the government's policies without being anti-American.
But times like this bring out the worst in us....from both sides....as it did in the Vietnam era. Protests become hijacked by forces that are ill founded.
I believe we are being divided by media propaganda (including Fox) and politicians. We cannot even be unified in the face of this pandemic as we wallow in blame-game and Trump-hate rhetoric. In the end, we are to blame for allowing this "Kool-Ade" to be served to us.
Most of all, I think the days of electing truly independent-thinking, patriotic people into government who can see beyond party lines are over.

The nation did elect an independent thinker, but one party has opposed the election results since day one and the other doesn't support him. It's as if our Government doesn't want to do what the people has voted to do. Such as it is.

Why is it that the so-called "blue" states are generally more financially troubled than "red" states ? Five of the six New England states, Illinois, New York and California are in deep financial stress or at least much more so than the "red" states.

They spend too much and then regulate themselves out of income. Allow me to better re-phase this. They tend to spend more than they tend to make.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="newnasty, post: 3192592, Allow me to better re-phase this. They tend to spend more than they tend to make.[/QUOTE]

Exactly as the United States federal government has been doing since 1970 except for the last couple of years of the Clinton administration. Over spending is common for federal AND state governments yet just about every presidential candidate promises to reduce the national debt and operate under a balanced budget including the man in the White House. In fact, Trump pledged to eliminate the national debt within 8 years. Surely only an idiot would suggest such this election year.

Exactly as the United States federal government has been doing since 1970 except for the last couple of years of the Clinton administration. Over spending is common for federal AND state governments yet just about every presidential candidate promises to reduce the national debt and operate under a balanced budget including the man in the White House. In fact, Trump pledged to eliminate the national debt within 8 years. Surely only an idiot would suggest such this election year.
A budget surplus or balanced budget is bad for the economy. Any excess dollars held by the government is money gone from the private sector.

Reactions: iasooner1
A budget surplus or balanced budget is bad for the economy. Any excess dollars held by the government is money gone from the private sector.

You certainly make good point, yet eternally bursting your budget by spending more than you take in will simply add to your debt. We have increased the debt $3T since 2016. I don’t think that’s very smart/good for anyone under the age of 50. As it stands, about the only way for the US to reduce their debt is for China to call the $1.2 trillion we owe. Of course that would be short lived. The fed would just borrow it back from all of us citizens.

Last edited:
Correcto. Flat tax rates would go far to fix our systems. Corporate tax 5% flat on revenue. Too many cracks in profit based tax rates. Personal income tax: 13% federal and 7% state across the board. Property tax not to exceed 0.004%. Estonia is the most efficient country that I have ever visited. They are more technically advanced than the USA with regards to internet, immigration formalities, security etc. As I recall Estonia has a very low national debt. Our political machine does not want us to have a smooth ride.

Correcto. Flat tax rates would go far to fix our systems. Corporate tax 5% flat on revenue. Too many cracks in profit based tax rates. Personal income tax: 13% federal and 7% state across the board. Property tax not to exceed 0.004%. Estonia is the most efficient country that I have ever visited. They are more technically advanced than the USA with regards to internet, immigration formalities, security etc. As I recall Estonia has a very low national debt. Our political machine does not want us to have a smooth ride.

Dream on. It’s too simple so the politicians can’t let it happen. If you run on this platform I will donate to your campaign. Better go Independent. The Right nor Left will go for this. I love it!

Last edited:
You certainly make good point, yet eternally bursting your budget by spending more than you take in will simply add to your debt. We have increased the debt $3T since 2016. I don’t think that’s very smart/good for anyone under the age of 50. As it stands, about the only way for the US to reduce their debt is for China to call the $1.2 trillion we owe. Of course that would be short lived. The fed would just borrow it back from all of us citizens.
China can't "call" the $1.2 trillion we owe. They buy US Treasury notes, bills, and bonds.

Since the US is the sole issuer of the dollar, the amount of the US public debt is actually money now in the private sector. Imagine if the government took $22 trillion out of the private sector to "pay off the debt." We'd all be homeless and foraging for rodents since the only way to pay that off is taxes, which is simply the tool used to reduce the money supply in the private sector. The annual budget deficits are additions of money to the private sector money supply.

Check out this graph:
fredgraph.png

The red line represents federal surplus/deficit. The blue line represents private sector surplus/deficit. The following link is a good brief read on sectoral balances:

https://innovationmemes.blogspot.com/2011/03/sector-financial-balances-as-percentage.html?m=1

Politicians use the national debt as a political scare tool. Isn't it ironic that both sides of the political aisle complain about each other's deficits while both having no issues running deficits themselves? The only difference is in the priority of spending. Republicans like defense spending and tax cuts. Democrats like spending on welfare programs. They both play to their bases when it comes to deficits.

To add to my previous post, the government does not have to collect taxes to pay its bills. It could simply create more money to pay for them. Taxes serve two primary purposes, as a control on the private sector money supply and to make sure US citizens are tied to the dollar. You can't pay your taxes in bitcoin, Yuan, or Euros, it has to be is dollars.

So, you work for dollars to pay your taxes in dollars and are thus stuck on the dollar. You can transact in all kinds of currency in the private sector, but the federal government has you by the proverbial balls when it comes to transactions with the federal government. Weird how that works. :D

I got nothing but that I spent an amazing 40th wedding anniversary in Estonia. :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT