ADVERTISEMENT

gundy

OUnabomber

Sooner signee
Jul 16, 2017
Montana
Help me out here....why did Gundy get a $1 million reduction in salary and 1 year less on his contract? They found no signs of racism when they investigated and only found that he needs to do a better job building relationships with his players. Why would he even agree to this? I'm not getting it

Help me out here....why did Gundy get a $1 million reduction in salary and 1 year less on his contract? They found no signs of racism when they investigated and only found that he needs to do a better job building relationships with his players. Why would he even agree to this? I'm not getting it
Was it COVID related?

I know the OU coaches are losing money too.

Reactions: newnasty
I think Gundy decided to join in on the liberal groveling and to help OSU financially in the face of the pandemic. His salary falls from $5.25 million to a paltry $4.25 million......how will he survive ????

I don’t like Mike Gundy. I didn’t like him as a kid and he’s the same wise ass still, but this deal sucks. OSU has made wayyyy too much out of him wearing a t-shirt on the fricking lake. This smells like there’s something else going on in the background. If not, Gundy should look for another gig. Knowing him and how much he thinks of himself I’m really surprised that he’s taking this deal.

I don’t like Mike Gundy. I didn’t like him as a kid and he’s the same wise ass still, but this deal sucks. OSU has made wayyyy too much out of him wearing a t-shirt on the fricking lake. This smells like there’s something else going on in the background. If not, Gundy should look for another gig. Knowing him and how much he thinks of himself I’m really surprised that he’s taking this deal.
It does wreak of an overreaction by both OSU and Gundy.
But in this neurotic history-purging shit storm we live in, what else is new ?

It does wreak of an overreaction by both OSU and Gundy.
But in this neurotic history-purging shit storm we live in, what else is new ?

I liked your post but man, giving up a cool $1 million is alot of damn money. In fact it appears he gave up 20% of his salary in revenue & also the length of contract.

I liked your post but man, giving up a cool $1 million is alot of damn money. In fact it appears he gave up 20% of his salary in revenue & also the length of contract.
What can you do with $5 million that you can't do with $4 million....especially in a "red" state (Oklahoma) ?

Last edited:
What can you do with $5 million that you can't do with $4 million....especially in a "red" state (Oklahoma) ?

What would I'd do w/ a million dollars to give away? I'd start with 'Give it to my family'

Did Gundy lose $1M for this only or for each year left on his contract? If his base has been reduced by $1M and he has, say, three years remaining that’s pretty damn cold.

I've always thought Grundy was a very good H.C. I do not know the man personally but to have the success he's had just a few miles up I-35 from a blue blood program in a state with less than 4 million people is remarkable.

Reactions: newnasty
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT