ADVERTISEMENT

Great weekend for the baseball team (and of course softball)

When I saw Patty's face last night. I doubt she'd have called it a great weekend, despite winning the conference tournament.

I heard what she said. The look in her eyes was something else. I think she was very unhappy, but it would do no good to say so. So she didn't.

Reactions: iasooner1
When I saw Patty's face last night. I doubt she'd have called it a great weekend, despite winning the conference tournament.

I heard what she said. The look in her eyes was something else. I think she was very unhappy, but it would do no good to say so. So she didn't.

I agree with you Plaino...her disdain was hard to hide, yet she said all the right words. Pretty classy!

Why the disdain? I didn't get to see any of the games, just saw the scores.

I differ with you on Gasso. She saw all season how the RPI committee did bizarre things week by week. As an example . we win 2 out of three from Baylor and Baylor MOVES UP in the polls while despite our winning streaks we remain between 10 & 13. And the committees love of the SEC was bizarre.. Hey, Georgia who was dead last in the SEC with a record of 3-18 (or something like this) made the tournament. What the committee did to Minnesota who had over 50 wins and only 3 losses all year was corrupt, obscene, illegal and just wrong depriving Minnesota of a host regional.
An NCAA investigation needs to question this committee's erratic & bizarre behavior all season and their irrational SEC bias and I hope Minnesota pursues an NCAA investigation of this committee.and their unreasonable senseless actions. Minnesota is in a power 5 conference and they had the nation's best W/L record.
HERE IS WHATS AMAZING The committee despites Minnesola success did not have them ranked in the top 16 while the college coaches poll had Minnesota ranked NUMBER 2 IN THE NATION and the ESPN poll has Minnesota ranked #3.
LINK. *TheCoaches poll.............
http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/softball/d1/nfca

Gasso is glad we got a regional we host in Norman (depriving Minnesota of a top 16 seed that committee could have deprived us also) and Patti likes the side of the bracket we are on.

OU is in the hunt and we are a very dangerous team and Patti knows this.

Last edited:
Bull, there is an overriding issue in women's athletics in the political area that impacts this stuff. And I'm not just talking about regional advantages. Leave it at that.

Bull, there is an overriding issue in women's athletics in the political area that impacts this stuff. And I'm not just talking about regional advantages. Leave it at that.

I know what you are talking about. This particular committee thought OU had an advantage
having the College World Series in OKC,
There was no way in hell that they would have us in the top 8 so we could get to host a Super Regional

We are lucky that we were not treated like Minnesota.
With the mentality of the committee it could have happened and we could been seeded also below #16. not being able to even host a regional..

Plaino look at the link of the college coaches softball poll last week
Minnesota was ranked #2 with 5 coaches voting them #1
http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/softball/d1/nfca

ESPN had Minnesota #3

Last edited:
And if Minnesota overcomes and wins the Tuscaloosa regional on the road, their reward will be a trip to number 1 Florida. Not easy on the road. I'm not going to take the time, but I'd love to see a list of games the SEC teams won on the road against top ten teams, and top 20 teams, that weren't other SEC teams. Same thing with games they won outside of their area in true road games.

The SEC won't got to Big Ten quality teams in road games. They'll maybe invite Minnesota to come thei their place, as their officials screw the visitors as they brag about their wins over other top teams. But they won't do it in adverse places. LSU played like their first 20 games at home out of the conference. It's the same crap in football.

You won't find Bama or Auburn going to Columbus Ohio. And you sure won't see them in Big Ten country in November, when the road team might have a disadvantage. They only play to their own advantage, the crow about how tough their league is.

They do have advantages and they are deeper as a league But the formula is wrong to give Georgia a high RPI after they won three conference games, because all those losses were against RPI rich SEC teams. A road win ought to count more than a top ten loss and especially than a loss to a team that is 28th. They have a win win in every game, even if they lose by run rule.

The committee is less responsible than the RPI formula, which is fixed. Maybe you get some credit for a one run road loss against a top 10 team. But losing at home by six against a team in the top 30, meaning 29th, you shouldn't get credit for that.

And if Minnesota overcomes and wins the Tuscaloosa regional on the road, their reward will be a trip to number 1 Florida. Not easy on the road. I'm not going to take the time, but I'd love to see a list of games the SEC teams won on the road against top ten teams, and top 20 teams, that weren't other SEC teams. Same thing with games they won outside of their area in true road games.

The SEC won't got to Big Ten quality teams in road games. They'll maybe invite Minnesota to come thei their place, as their officials screw the visitors as they brag about their wins over other top teams. But they won't do it in adverse places. LSU played like their first 20 games at home out of the conference. It's the same crap in football.

You won't find Bama or Auburn going to Columbus Ohio. And you sure won't see them in Big Ten country in November, when the road team might have a disadvantage. They only play to their own advantage, the crow about how tough their league is.

They do have advantages and they are deeper as a league But the formula is wrong to give Georgia a high RPI after they won three conference games, because all those losses were against RPI rich SEC teams. A road win ought to count more than a top ten loss and especially than a loss to a team that is 28th. They have a win win in every game, even if they lose by run rule.

The committee is less responsible than the RPI formula, which is fixed. Maybe you get some credit for a one run road loss against a top 10 team. But losing at home by six against a team in the top 30, meaning 29th, you shouldn't get credit for that.

Minnesota, a power five team with a W/L record of 54-3 and ranked #2 in the nation in a human poll (the Coaches Poll) and the committee could not even rank them #16 so they could host a regional shows how inept and fraudulent the committee is and its criminal how they treated Minnesota.

TheRPI rankings had Minnesota #11 last week.

The NCAA should investigate

I agree with you Plaino...her disdain was hard to hide, yet she said all the right words. Pretty classy!

Saw an interview elsewhere, where Patty was very open about her questioning of the bracket. She even showed to be almost indignant about what the committee did to Minnesota. And thankful it wasn't OU.

She said that she believes those discussions should be tape recorded. I'm guessing not for public consumption, but at least for some sort of accountability. She wants some sort of specific criteria, and even mentioned what we have in threads here. That early season games, seem to hold too much impact while that's not the team you are by this time of year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT