ADVERTISEMENT

Great opportunity for the team this weekend

soonersin2002

Sooner starter
Nov 26, 2001
This is one of those pivot points we've reached several times over the last 4-5 years...... It's that point where one win can give us a big public relations boost and a loss just keeps us in neutral and destroys momentum.

Tennessee has a pretty good amount of hype for a team that hasn't really done much this year and hasn't done anything in quite some time. Right now, this is working in our favor. A big win over a traditional powerhouse in one of the greatest venues in college football could be a massive springboard for the next two months. Not taking anything for granted as WVU and KSU will likely be wildcards and I'm not fooling myself into believing UT will still be terrible when we play them. With that said, we could enjoy hype and praise for the next two months with a win here and no surprises until Baylor. Recruiting momentum would be more than we have enjoyed in quite some time and we'd be in the playoff discussion heading into November.

This week is pivotal and I hope they can capitalize on it because the road to Baylor after this game is very winnable. We could likely re-establish momentum if we do lose, but a win here would erase a lot of bad memories and bad media.

Good luck to our team this weekend! Let's hope they can get it done. Boomer Sooner!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.