ADVERTISEMENT

Good luck this season guys...

Jake, Thanks for the kind words and best of luck to your Vols this year. I'm hearing on sports talk radio in ATL that it's looking like UT and florida are the top contenders for the SEC East. I would not mind seeing UT again, this time in the college football playoffs and/or the National Championship Game.

The wifey and I made the trip to Knoxville last year and came away very impressed with the town, the campus, the team and most of all, the fans. We were treated very graciously before, during and after the game.

Until then, Boomer Sooner and Go Vols!

Jake, I would love an annual game between the Vols and the Sooners. Really! What could match that? Only a few. Top Ten for sure. Good luck
this year.
Agreed...I don't think I ever remember the excitement level being anywhere near what it was for a non conference game. I saw both Penn State games in the early 70's and those weren't even close. I know people in Tennessee are still talking about that game and what class acts OU fans were both last year and 2 years ago in Norman. It gave me chills and made me proud to see us like we used to be. Well you guys know what I'm talking about because OU went through a 7 or 8 year stretch like we went through. Glad to see both storied programs back where they should be.

A lot of people are picking UTenn to win the SEC this season. Not consensus, but their long end of the season winning streak, plus very close losses against two of the four who made the CFP, have their bandwagon growing. I'd love to play the Vols for the NC.

We got better after that win, too. OUr OLine wasn't playing too well, until a personnel change led to two freshmen starting at offensive tackle, one a newbie. And he's gained 30 pounds since, so we'll be better in the OLine, despite losing two starting seniors in there.

If we get Shep replaced reasonably, and the linebackers get it figured out, without anybody getting hurt, and we could make it. But you don't make just on being good. It takes a little good fortune, too. Good luck to the Vols.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT