ADVERTISEMENT

George Kittle 49ers TE

I had a friend tell me during SB that Kittle went to last two years high school in Norman but was never in the recruiting game because his family are life long generational Hawkeyes.

If you'll recall, George Kittle's dad, Bruce, was the O-Line coach at OU under Stoops for a few years. He played at Iowa under Hayden Fry and was co-captain for his team, which won the B1G title in 1981. While coaching at OU, Bruce Kittle's son, George, was a TE at Norman High, but was a bit undersized and it was known that he was going to Iowa, so he was not recruited by OU. OU was recruiting a stud named Mark Andrews, so George Kittle was never on OU's radar.

I remember Bruce Kittle coaching at OU. He became the O-line coach at OU with no coaching experience. He was criticized on message boards for being a friend of Stoops who got his job only because of this friendship. It doesn't surprise me that his son didn't want to go to OU. We could have used George even with Andrews.

Bruce Kittle is a very intelligent and interesting man. I didn't know much about him until I googled him.

Reactions: bullmarket
ADVERTISEMENT