ADVERTISEMENT

General Thoughts About the Program . . .

BoomerLaw25

Walk-on candidate
Gold Member
May 20, 2023
The Defense
First, if your initial inclination is to blame the defense for this abysmal performance, you either do not understand football or are willfully ignorant to the real problems on this team. The defense is pretty legit, sorry if you don't like that. I still believe in Brent, but if his next offensive move isn't the right one, the fanbase will force our administration to boot him.

The Offense
I don't even know where to start . . . I guess it'll be with the play-callers. I don't give a d*mn about the offensive personnel, or lack thereof. Seth Littrell and JJF don't deserve to be here. They don't deserve to be here as a couple, nor do either deserve to be here as an individual coach. These were probably the laziest hires in the country. Let's begin with Seth Littrell. Seth Littrell was the head coach at North Texas for 7 seasons. Seth Littrell's overall record at North Texas? 44-44. The best single season that Seth Littrell had at North Texas was one that resulted in a 9-5 record . . . which was about 7 years ago. Objectively, what in the hell ever made Seth Littrell qualified to call plays here? And by the way, Seth Littrell never won a bowl game at North Texas. Now, JJF. Someone, anyone, please explain to me what JJF does here? That's really all I have on JJF. There is useless, and then there is JJF.

The personnel. In all transparency, I really only have issues with the offensive line and the wide receiving core. Why? Because any running back room and any quarterback room would fail in the present system. This offensive line group is so bad. I hear about the benefits of continuity going into this upcoming season. That argument, I am assuming, is used to highlight the benefit of not booting any of these players in the off-season. To that, I pose this: "continuity of what? continuity of bad?" This unit is historically awful. Now, I am personally still not on the "fire BB" train. But what I will say is that the leash is getting shorter. The receivers. I am sorry, we have the softest unit in the country. If nobody is going to tell the public what the seriousness of the injuries are (notice how I didn't say to give the public information about what the exact injury is), then I don't mind criticizing the toughness of the unit. Plus, these guys get paid, they are professionals in my eyes. In August of this year, 49ers wide receiver Ricky Pearsall was shot in the chest. Ricky Pearsall is set to play tomorrow versus the Chiefs. So again, we have the softest unit in the country.

Special Teams
I don't even know. Can we find a kicker with some balls during the off-season?

Overall, I don't know if I am being too harsh or not harsh enough? But, I don't have any personal connection with players or the staff, so I don't care about posting something like this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.