ADVERTISEMENT

Garrett Riley isn’t leaving a ticket at the gate tomorrow night for Lincoln

47a3d682-c5f4-43fe-9a68-50091e27fe8e_text.gif

I've seen new head coaches introduced at basketball games and getting loud ovations, but this is the first time I've ever seen an assistant coach introduced at a game.

Yeah, Clemson is a football school no doubt, but it's still surprising to see an assistant coach introduced. Almost as surprising as Clemson being in first place in ACC basketball right now.
You better believe the NIL and marketing are in control now brother. There will be stickers and logos on every helmet and jersey here soon. 😉

I've seen new head coaches introduced at basketball games and getting loud ovations, but this is the first time I've ever seen an assistant coach introduced at a game.

That's pretty cool.

I remember in 1997, driving back to OKC from the football game in Lubbock. OU, a huge underdog, just beat Texas Tech 32-21. (That was the game where Stephen Alexander caught a TD pass on his back.) Anyway, a couple of hours into the trip, I was listening to the OU Mens BB game, and they introduced the entire OU football team on the court in the Lloyd Nobel at the half. The place went nuts. It all seemed so surreal -- hearing that live on the radio while driving back after seeing them on the field in Lubbock a couple hours earlier.

Reactions: iasooner2000
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT