ADVERTISEMENT

Friendly Reminder...

Senior Sooner

Sooner starter
Dec 1, 2003
ALWAYS REMEMBER...

If You Drink a Fifth on the Fourth, You Can't Go Forth on the Fifth!

19642332_1828593830489624_5485002960059322295_n.jpg

Thanks Senior.
People CAN have fun and enjoy life without getting drunk. Too many people are not aware of this.
Unfortunately, many of us don't discover this for a few years past our prime. As my granny used to say, "if one generation could teach the next then man would have been perfect a long time ago".

Unfortunately, many of us don't discover this for a few years past our prime. As my granny used to say, "if one generation could teach the next then man would have been perfect a long time ago".
How true.
October 1976, the night before the OU-Texas game, I played flag football and then went for BBQ and beer with friends. Lots of beer. I was hung over into the following Tuesday. During my ordeal I vowed to never get drunk again. 41 years later, I have kept that vow and have never allowed alcohol to impact my life. On occasion I will have a drink or two but that is my limit.
There have been a few important people in my life whose lives were very much hindered by booze. I learned my lesson at 28. I wish they had.

How true.
October 1976, the night before the OU-Texas game, I played flag football and then went for BBQ and beer with friends. Lots of beer. I was hung over into the following Tuesday. During my ordeal I vowed to never get drunk again. 41 years later, I have kept that vow and have never allowed alcohol to impact my life. On occasion I will have a drink or two but that is my limit.
There have been a few important people in my life whose lives were very much hindered by booze. I learned my lesson at 28. I wish they had.
And there are many more of us, Friends, and Families, whose lives were hindered by the booze's effects on someone they loved. All paid a terrific price for those addictions...

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT