ADVERTISEMENT

Former Pittsburgh Steeler Rocky Bleier's re: kneeling for National Anthem.

CalSooner

OU scholarship offer
May 29, 2001
Very simple solution ...

“It’s very simply this: This is a workplace, you are at the stadium, you are working that day, this is not a platform for protest,” Bleier told Yahoo Sports. “The American people, they can’t go to their workplace and start to protest about whatever may be happening in their life. That wouldn’t be allowed and that shouldn’t be allowed in the NFL.

“It’s not a violation of the First Amendment at all. You have off days, you can do it outside of the stadium or on other platforms, but not the gameday platform. It’s a very simple question and people are making it more complex than it really is.”

Very simple solution ...

“It’s very simply this: This is a workplace, you are at the stadium, you are working that day, this is not a platform for protest,” Bleier told Yahoo Sports. “The American people, they can’t go to their workplace and start to protest about whatever may be happening in their life. That wouldn’t be allowed and that shouldn’t be allowed in the NFL.

“It’s not a violation of the First Amendment at all. You have off days, you can do it outside of the stadium or on other platforms, but not the gameday platform. It’s a very simple question and people are making it more complex than it really is.”

Same thing I said 2 days ago, Rocky are you reading the Scoop? :p

While we have some wonderful young athletes today, as a group, there are unfortunately only a few today that can match the heart, soul and love of country as a Rocky Bleier. To be honest, there was only a few back in his day that matched him as well. Where we have gained in so much of technologies & even medicine we've lost far more in other areas.

Bleier is spot on and is one of the few (like Ali Villanueva) who actually has had some "skin in the game." Bleier graduated from Notre Dame and went to Vietnam as a Spec. 4 grunt--rifleman and grenadier. He took grenade fragmentation (shrapnel is an incorrect term BTW) in his leg in Vietnam but, in spite of his war injuries, went on to highly successful NFL career.

Now I'll watch and wait for some asswipe to call me a "fake patriot" for agreeing with Bleier and Villanueva.

Bleier is spot on and is one of the few (like Ali Villanueva) who actually has had some "skin in the game." Bleier graduated from Notre Dame and went to Vietnam as a Spec. 4 grunt--rifleman and grenadier. He took grenade fragmentation (shrapnel is an incorrect term BTW) in his leg in Vietnam but, in spite of his war injuries, went on to highly successful NFL career.

Now I'll watch and wait for some asswipe to call me a "fake patriot" for agreeing with Bleier and Villanueva.

I agree with ALL THREE of You...If anyone gives you any Sass, just let ME Know!

22851821_1958527210829618_1919588112532851715_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT