ADVERTISEMENT

First home game in three years and I have a question

Oct 14, 2016
I'm driving up with a buddy from Keller, just north of Fort Worth and I've heard some nasty stories about unusual delays on the trip. Since we're not leaving until early morning, what can we expect from problems on I-35 and in Norman.

I usually can make it to the Lindsey exit in less than three hours, but have been told to expect closer to four to five hours. Anybody made that trip in the last month? Have there been any improvements? Any suggestions about how to get to the stadium.

Thanks for any help.

J.R.

I'm driving up with a buddy from Keller, just north of Fort Worth and I've heard some nasty stories about unusual delays on the trip. Since we're not leaving until early morning, what can we expect from problems on I-35 and in Norman.

I usually can make it to the Lindsey exit in less than three hours, but have been told to expect closer to four to five hours. Anybody made that trip in the last month? Have there been any improvements? Any suggestions about how to get to the stadium.

Thanks for any help.

J.R.

JR, What you've heard is true. And to make matters worse, Lindsey Street is blocked off due to construction at McGee Road and there was some road construction on I-35 just north of Purcell that narrowed the traffic down to one lane. At least, that was the situation when I drove up for the Ohio State game on September 17.

Your best bet is to take the Hwy 9 East exit right before you get to Norman and take that around to the Jenkins Road exit and go north. That will take you directly to the stadium. And depending on what time you leave Keller, plan on at least a four-hour trip to Norman.

Good luck, safe travels and Boomer Sooner!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT