ADVERTISEMENT

FIRE Bob Stoops...

I started a thread for Mike. Why don't you guys quit shitting on every thread?
Mike Stoops? He is the defensive coordinator for the Oklahoma Sooners. His defense ranks poorly.

Shitting on threads? I used some shitty thread to sew up my jockstrap, it stunk really bad and I fumbled my balls...

Reactions: BillyRay
.....so you had foul balls ?

Not as many as this guy...

maxresdefault.jpg

Why to you insist upon using the facts and stats? It makes it impossible to have a decent argument. LOL :rolleyes:
I'm clueless. That's it. I don't understand anything about it. I'm a terrible fan. I predict OU gets in the playoff. I expect that. I expect to win. I never predict an OU loss, because I'm a terrible fan who is unrealistic and doesn't want what is best for the team.

Kudos to Mike Stoops and the defense for doing what Charlie Strong couldn't. OU beat Kansas. The defense played well... against Kansas...

Last edited:
I started a thread for Mike. Why don't you guys quit shitting on every thread? I have no doubt that you are good men, but your sorry as it gets for an OU fan. Support or cry to your wife or dog whatever. You're not recruiting because those kids don't care what a bunch of pissy fans think. On the other hand, what is your agenda on this subject? You sure aren't doing anything beneficial for the team. You have no idea how foolish you look doing this posing as mature men. You obviously aren't enjoyed OU football. The state of Oklahoma is embarrassed. Your egos are affected it's obvious. I don't give a rats ass if OU wins 100 to 99. Who cares you bad ass dudes. This is rediculous. Why do you take the punishment of the games.
You literally must be a miserable human being going by your posting habits the last few months or so. God almighty......

I started a thread for Mike. Why don't you guys quit shitting on every thread? I have no doubt that you are good men, but your sorry as it gets for an OU fan. Support or cry to your wife or dog whatever. You're not recruiting because those kids don't care what a bunch of pissy fans think. On the other hand, what is your agenda on this subject? You sure aren't doing anything beneficial for the team. You have no idea how foolish you look doing this posing as mature men. You obviously aren't enjoyed OU football. The state of Oklahoma is embarrassed. Your egos are affected it's obvious. I don't give a rats ass if OU wins 100 to 99. Who cares you bad ass dudes. This is rediculous. Why do you take the punishment of the games.

Are you the same person that started the thread Listen hear Saturday at 10:56 pm? If so, what is your problem? I take galantamine. It's not a cure, but it helps.

One of the All Time Greatest Programs in the History of College Football, should NEVER give up 850 yards in ONE Game, period.

Enough of this crap, OU has better walkons then Kansas but they didn't give up 850 YARDS. OU is in the history books for Having the WORST Single game in the History Of College Football. It's not hard to understand that something is fundamentally wrong with OU defense.

Maybe the players are just now buying into it.... That Logo stomp at WV set the tone for the game not to mention driving the WV players insane enough into several personal fouls. If we hadnt gone into survival mode and just kept our foot on WV throat that game would have ended something like 75-14. But we played it safe...gave up 21 unnecessary points and made it out of the game with the win and minimal injuries.

I'll stick with Mike for now and give him some credit for doing the best he could with band aids and high school players... What he can do with this "predicted" monster defense being built for 2017 is going to decide his future....but the true test of a coach is not what you can do with a great team but what you can do with a mediocre team. Im giving him a "C minus" for the season with a asterisk for injuries. But we expect more at OKLAHOMA

If you judge Mike based solely on the fact that injuries have handcuffed him and his defensive coaches, I agree he deserves credit for holding it together. Yet I have to believe there's more to the Sooner defensive issues than just all the injuries. This defense wasn't good before the injuries. When I see Mike going ape shit in the coaches box, I wonder if he is that way on every play or are the networks just showing him when he goes wacko. I saw, as most of you did. how he reacts on the sideline and how he enteracts with his players. All coaches scream at their players but Mike really looks to be unbalanced sometimes. The guy may have a coronary during a game one day if he doesn't get a grip. Bob often said that Mike was as near like him as anyone.....this was when Mike signed on with Arizona. I just don't see it.

Agree, Oklabama....but as I said, it is more than a single problem plaguing the defense.
Mike Stoops may, however, be the biggest issue as too many tackles are missed, too many linebackers and defensive backs miss assignments and the talent on defense has declined over the last two years. OU lost 5 of 6 linebackers from a year ago and now have only one really decent one left in Evans, who may not play in the most important Bedlam game ever.....and when Evans doesn't play, OU has big problems.

OU lost 5 of 6 linebackers from a year ago and now have only one really decent one left in Evans, who may not play in the most important Bedlam game ever.....and when Evans doesn't play, OU has big problems.
That's because the first 2-3 years that Kish was here, OU's recruitment of LBs was prolly ranked damn near the bottom in the entire country. Recruiting to that position has picked up the last couple of years, but we are now feeling the effects of Kish's failure his first few years here.

Agree, Oklabama....but as I said, it is more than a single problem plaguing the defense.
Mike Stoops may, however, be the biggest issue as too many tackles are missed, too many linebackers and defensive backs miss assignments and the talent on defense has declined over the last two years. OU lost 5 of 6 linebackers from a year ago and now have only one really decent one left in Evans, who may not play in the most important Bedlam game ever.....and when Evans doesn't play, OU has big problems.

CT, where are the two big name linebackers that signed with OU? Have they left and I missed it, or have they not adjusted to college ball. When Evans hurt himself Saturday, #20 replaced him. Then I hear he is a walk on. Really? There's no one else ready? You keep up with this better than me.

There are 16 LB's listed on the roster... 6 freshmen, 1 Red shirt freshman, 3 RS sophomores, 5 juniors, and 1 senior... 2016 brought 5 recruits and a walk on... One LB recruit now plays DE... depth at LB is an issue... But, who is responsible for that?

There are 112 players listed on the roster at soonersports.com... 52 are defensive players... Some are injured, some are redshirting, some suspended... So if that accounts for 19 of them, over 1/3, there should be 33 guys to fill 11 spots on the field... But I guess it is UNREALISTIC to expect them to tackle well...

There are 16 LB's listed on the roster... 6 freshmen, 1 Red shirt freshman, 3 RS sophomores, 5 juniors, and 1 senior... 2016 brought 5 recruits and a walk on... One LB recruit now plays DE... depth at LB is an issue... But, who is responsible for that?

The linebacker coach(s) is a good place to start looking. That is a very young group, which could be a good thing for the future if they all stay and progress. None of the freshmen arecready to fill in I suppose.

CT, where are the two big name linebackers that signed with OU?

I don't get this either.
The way I see it, we've had 4 big linebacker recruits in the last few years, and I don't see any of them play hardly except maybe Curtis Bolton on special teams. - Curtis Bolton, Ricky Deberry, Kapri Doucet and Caleb Kelly.

I'll give Ruben some props though. According to Soonersports.com - 2013 Scout Team Defensive Player of the Year, 2015 Winner of Derrick Shepard Most Inspiration Walk-On Award, 2015 Academic All-Big XII First Team

Here is the box score for our linebackers against WVU:
Player Tackles Solo
Beal 8 5 2* JC transfer
Oko 7 6 3*
Hunter 7 4 RS Jr Walk-on
Jordan 5 5 3*
Kelly 2 1 5*
Bolton 1 1 3*
Doucet 1 1 3*

Reactions: Oklabama
I thought DeBerry was thought capable of coming in and making an impact as a true freshman. Or was that Kelly?

I don't get this either.
The way I see it, we've had 4 big linebacker recruits in the last few years, and I don't see any of them play hardly except maybe Curtis Bolton on special teams. - Curtis Bolton, Ricky Deberry, Kapri Doucet and Caleb Kelly.

I'll give Ruben some props though. According to Soonersports.com - 2013 Scout Team Defensive Player of the Year, 2015 Winner of Derrick Shepard Most Inspiration Walk-On Award, 2015 Academic All-Big XII First Team

Here is the box score for our linebackers against WVU:
Player Tackles Solo
Beal 8 5 2* JC transfer
Oko 7 6 3*
Hunter 7 4 RS Jr Walk-on
Jordan 5 5 3*
Kelly 2 1 5*
Bolton 1 1 3*
Doucet 1 1 3*

CT, where are the two big name linebackers that signed with OU? Have they left and I missed it, or have they not adjusted to college ball. When Evans hurt himself Saturday, #20 replaced him. Then I hear he is a walk on. Really? There's no one else ready? You keep up with this better than me.
McGinnis and Youngquist I guess are the two LB's you're referring to....McGinnis still shows up on the roster as a redshirt freshman, but I haven't seen or heard from him since he signed.
#20 is Ruben Hunter and in all fairness, he's not replacing Evans adequately in this lifetime.
Let's hope that if Evans can't play on December 3rd someone can step up......and OU can score 60-plus points.

McGinnis and Youngquist I guess are the two LB's you're referring to....McGinnis still shows up on the roster as a redshirt freshman, but I haven't seen or heard from him since he signed.
#20 is Ruben Hunter and in all fairness, he's not replacing Evans adequately in this lifetime.
Let's hope that if Evans can't play on December 3rd someone can step up......and OU can score 60-plus points.
McGinnis has been playing DE, not much though

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner

Something tells me, they let the walk on play to save the red shirt for DeBerry.

Something tells me, they let the walk on play to save the red shirt for DeBerry.
I can see that, but in the end I want the best players to play regardless. Especially if OU gets into the playoff and have to play a walk-on over a more talented DeBerry just because they were afraid of burning his redshirt late in the season. Would rather DeBerry get playing time now and maybe have a bigger impact in playoff games if it comes to that.
Unless DeBerry just isn't ready to see the field yet for some reason.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
I can see that, but in the end I want the best players to play regardless. Especially if OU gets into the playoff and have to play a walk-on over a more talented DeBerry just because they were afraid of burning his redshirt late in the season. Would rather DeBerry get playing time now and maybe have a bigger impact in playoff games if it comes to that.
Unless DeBerry just isn't ready to see the field yet for some reason.
DeBerry (#22) was redshirted last season and has seen playing time this season. I haven't seen him play since early season and wonder if he's injured.

DeBerry (#22) was redshirted last season and has seen playing time this season. I haven't seen him play since early season and wonder if he's injured.

Deberry started in place of Obo against Kansas and has played very recently. I'm fairly certain he is fine. I'm sure Mike just feels we need Obo in as much as possible.

Don't you really mean Mike Stoops!! And it's not funny. OU was 2nd in rushing defense in the Big 12, and then a team decided to run the ball. I think OSU was watching. If Mike can figure out how to stop (slow down) the Cowboys offense that will almost guarantee another Sooner conference title for Bob. The Sooners' offense it hitting on all cylinders right now.
Winning the conference is great, but it just masks the problems with the defense. The "it worked last year" excuse may have worked after game one this year, but we are now at the end of this year, which almost makes this year, last year, so the it worked last year excuse is no longer valid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT