ADVERTISEMENT

Fatal flaw

jwall2

Sooner commitment
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2005
Heaven
All I have to say is attitude reflects leadership. I could easily blame our captains for not getting the intensity level of our team up for the game or the lack of prep during the week. But. That would require me to turn a blind eye to the entirity of bob's tenure.

If anyone has ever read comic books then you know that each hero or villain has a weakness or fatal flaw. It's very clear to see that bob's fatal flaw always has been and always will be complacency.

I bring this up not because I just want to pile onto the fire bob stoops movement, but to point out that all head coaches have one, some worse than others and none more plainly exhibited by the recently fired Sarkisian whose flaw was alcoholism.
If I could choose any coach in college football to coach our sooners I can't say that I wouldn't choose bob stoops. Hell If I knew we would win a national title play for 3 more and win 8 conference titles in 15 years with bob I would say yes. But that bob was at the peak of his power.

I'm not here to say bob should stay and I'm not saying bob should be fired, but as all super hero's powers diminish overtime I can't help but notice that his fatal flaw comes up with more frequency , and as a fan I can't help feel frustrated and dissappointed as we ride this perpetual roller coaster of wins and losses.....

As this post has been somewhat non sensical and not to the point of football x's and O's, I will repeat "attitude reflects leadership " and bob needs to wake the hell up and start coaching with an edge week in and week out.... no excuses... play like a champion.... anything other than a national title win is a dissappointment.... and we have suffered thru to many years of this crap, win or go home

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.