ADVERTISEMENT

Farooq out!

This is major setback for the position, IMO. Fortunately, it shouldn’t affect the next few games but I think we miss him after we begin SEC play. Don’t know how effective he will be if he returns this season.

• Sad
Reactions: iasooner24
Someone better cause the guys that played the other night were not good. Burks was solid and so was the T. I thought Littrell would use the RB more in the passing game. Vanilla offense or not I was not impressed with his playcalling. Wasnt anything different than what we saw the past couple of years.

Someone better cause the guys that played the other night were not good. Burks was solid and so was the T. I thought Littrell would use the RB more in the passing game. Vanilla offense or not I was not impressed with his playcalling. Wasnt anything different than what we saw the past couple of years.
It was temple, hang on brother, things are about to git right. 😁

It was temple, hang on brother, things are about to git right. 😁
I think thats why it has some people nervous because it was Temple.
1 for what 12 or 13 on 3rd down conversions, 3/3 on 4th down conversions. Having to go for it on 4th down so much against a bad team is a huge concern, O Line woes be damned. I think I heard the other day only 4 or 6 players remain on the team from when Brent took over, so basically all his guys now. 3 Top 10 recruiting classes should be showing proving their worth by now and maybe they will but until I see it I won't believe we are anywhere close to ready for that gauntlet schedule that is looming. Brent stressed the other day that they are well aware of the daunting task ahead, lets hope they are more than aware of it and are ready to take that next step.

Reactions: iasooner24
I think thats why it has some people nervous because it was Temple.
1 for what 12 or 13 on 3rd down conversions, 3/3 on 4th down conversions. Having to go for it on 4th down so much against a bad team is a huge concern, O Line woes be damned. I think I heard the other day only 4 or 6 players remain on the team from when Brent took over, so basically all his guys now. 3 Top 10 recruiting classes should be showing proving their worth by now and maybe they will but until I see it I won't believe we are anywhere close to ready for that gauntlet schedule that is looming. Brent stressed the other day that they are well aware of the daunting task ahead, lets hope they are more than aware of it and are ready to take that next step.

I agree, 67. I will say it again. We won’t know what kind of team Brent has until we host Tennessee on September 21. Unfortunately our out of conference schedule lacks any real challenge.

Last edited:
Drives
1 - TD
2 - TD
3 - Punt 3rd and 12
4 - FG 3rd and 9
5 - FG 3rd and 6

6 - TD
7 - Punt 3rd and 3
8 - TD
Halftime
9 - Punt 3rd and 13
10 - FG 3rd and Goal from the 5
11 - Punt 3rd and 11 (almost a 1st)
12 - TD (Fumble Return) 3rd and 16 (almost a 1st)

13 - TD

Drive 7 was the only 3rd and short situation that stalled. All of those other 3rd downs were long situations. That's 8 3rd down situations that stalled. The other 3 were 4-down situations, so maybe they're a little unfair to count against the offense.

Drive 3 - Jackson run for 2. Jackson sacked for -4. Pass incomplete.
Drive 4 - False start. Pass complete for 0. Pass complete for 6. Pass incomplete.
Drive 5 - Sawchuk for 4. Sawchuk for 0. Pass incomplete.
Drive 7 - Pass incomplete. Pass complete for 2. Offside penalty. Jackson run for -1.
Drive 9 - Pass complete for 1. Sack for -4. Pass complete for 5.
Drive 10 - Franklin for -1. Pass incomplete. Pass incomplete.
Drive 11 - Pass complete for 4. Sack for -5. Pass complete for 10.
Drive 12 - Barnes for 4. Hawkins for 20 (Penalty for -10). Pass incomplete. Pass complete for 10.

I agree, 67. I will say it again. We won’t know what kind of team Brent has until we host Tennessee on September 21. Unfortunately our out of conference schedule lacks any real challenge.
The OOC thing is a little ironic. Originally, our big OOC game this year was a trip to Knoxville. They were supposed to come to Norman back in 2020, but Covid hit, so, so much for that. When our entry into the SEC got bumped up to ‘24, the SEC deep sixed both return games with the ‘Vols & UGA (2031).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT