ADVERTISEMENT

Evolution of Defense

Kevin_B

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Feb 25, 2008
I found this ESPN article interesting.

There is some good information about the future of college defenses and the bright minds of today.

There is also a list of coaches on the come up that we should pay attention to in the coming years.

What I found most interesting in this article and others I've read recently were that quite a few of these guys ideas are to be multiple.

You see at the pro level what Seahawks have been able to do with multiple fronts.

Barry Odom being brought back to Missouri and their plan is to be more multiple utilizing their traditional 4-3 but bringing in him with his knowledge of the 3-4 as well as the different looks he can give with the 30.

Phil Snow out of Temple and his thoughts per that article.

I'm intrigued by NDSUs coach Chris Klieman. He breaks it down so simply. The game really is simple at its core but those principles are lost on some. I would like to see how effective his defense is against more power schools.

Sports and football especially is a game of copy cat. It will be fun to see how defenses evolve for years to come and see if they can catch up to these offenses.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13553457/these-coaches-names-know-defense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.