ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN broadcast of the OU/KU game...I may get banned

Patriotgame

Sooner commitment
Oct 22, 2002
Who the F is ESPN to talk about the actions of a player while either downplaying or ignoring the diss by a classless POS team at kick off, a late hit on Baker (which should have been targeting), constant punches-knees-pushes-groin shots to our players while they were on the ground, another hit on Baker which should have been targeting and the list could go on...

ESPN, kindly shut the F up and quit trying to install yourself as the morality police as you have tried to do with becoming left's mouth piece for every political and racial issue that exists in society today when it is clear that the collective IQ of your entire staff does NOT add up to ZERO!

Who the F is ESPN to talk about the actions of a player while either downplaying or ignoring the diss by a classless POS team at kick off, a late hit on Baker (which should have been targeting), constant punches-knees-pushes-groin shots to our players while they were on the ground, another hit on Baker which should have been targeting and the list could go on...

ESPN, kindly shut the F up and quit trying to install yourself as the morality police as you have tried to do with becoming left's mouth piece for every political and racial issue that exists in society today when it is clear that the collective IQ of your entire staff does NOT add up to ZERO!

You said what I was thinking. Eff Kansas. Wonder what Beaty had to say about them not shaking hands before the game. I've never, ever, seen team captains refuse to shake hands at the coin toss. I wish Riley had left him in to pour it on, or at least turned Kyler loose in the 4th.

I wish the Refs had refused to start the game until Baker's handshake was accepted...

On the other hand...IMO, Baker made a poor choice...

23621203_1981792191836453_940723716923700700_n.jpg

I am guessing the hands behind the back of the players that refused to shake his hand was a shot at him being arrested earlier this year.
Anyone that knows anything about espin would know this is exactly what they were going to do. They just mentioned it on the lsu vs tenn game and said coming up at the half, Baker Mayfields actions today vs kansas orsomething like that. I may need to change the channel now as its almost halftime.

Reactions: iasooner1
You said what I was thinking. Eff Kansas. Wonder what Beaty had to say about them not shaking hands before the game. I've never, ever, seen team captains refuse to shake hands at the coin toss. I wish Riley had left him in to pour it on, or at least turned Kyler loose in the 4th.
Even Coach Patterson grabbed his players at the end of OUr game with TCU as they were running off the field so they could show proper sportsmanship and shake OU players hands. Patterson's a good and respectful guy and a coaching legend in Fort Worth.

Beaty's got some 'splaining to do.

I wish the Refs had refused to start the game until Baker's handshake was accepted...

On the other hand...IMO, Baker made a poor choice...

23621203_1981792191836453_940723716923700700_n.jpg

Please don't get me wrong...I am NOT condoning Baker's actions and he needs to understand being at OU brings down every bit of hate out there whether from other team's fans, players or the media. He has to be above that.

I understand why Mayfield did what he did. That was a really cheap shot he took from the KU player during the game, plus the disrespect at the coin toss...

Still, if you a leader of a team, the sideline display is not how you behave. Good leaders don't cast themselves as villains. It inspires chaos, not discipline. It motivates the enemy, who sees themselves as fighting for the greater good when they line up against you.

I understand that if you get pushed, you push back. But Mayfield needs to be more discrete, and he needs to keep the focus off of himself as much as possible.

I love the kid to death, and that's what he is, a kid. So he gets a pass for tonight, and I'm confident that he'll learn from this mistake.

After really having time to consider KU's bull crap, I'm not mad at Baker a bit.

Same here. I left to run an errand, girlfriends birthday is tomorrow yep I know where my priorities are you bet! Anyway I missed all the drama except for the lack of a handshake before the game by the ku punks and only saw what Baker did when he grabbed his junk. I did not like it at first but when I saw what caused it all I did not blame him.
Baker reminds me a lot of myself, he does not take crap off anyone. Why you might ask? Because I don't have to. He probably feels the same way, he probably grew tired of taking crap from others at some point in his life. I know I did. Anyway, Baker is alright by me. Gonna miss him when he is gone.

I'd say KU players are lucky that Baker's nuts are the ones that took the brunt of his outrage.
A real villain would have punished nuts covered in red uniforms.

I have more of a problem w the big 12 refs allowing dirty play like this continue to happen. Most conferences refs would protect their golden goose. but not the big 12 they would rather see us get our butts kicked or injured. Funny thing in basketball they would do everything for KU, I bet they would do the same if UT was actually worth a crap in football.

DB Hasan Defense, KU's cheap shot artist, is a sophomore and will likely visit Norman in 2018.
I hope either Kendall or Murray pass for over 300 yards and 5 touchdowns with Defense in the secondary.
The best revenge is succeeding.

Reactions: iasooner1
After really having time to consider KU's bull crap, I'm not mad at Baker a bit.
I wasn't mad even when I first heard about it. Kansas kept picking and picking until they got a response. And somehow Baker is held responsible for giving a response. Somehow we now live in a society where Baker I guess has to stay a victim and is vilified for dishing out some payback to players on the other sideline whom were making it a personal thing with him the entire game.

I wasn't mad even when I first heard about it. Kansas kept picking and picking until they got a response. And somehow Baker is held responsible for giving a response. Somehow we now live in a society where Baker I guess has to stay a victim and is vilified for dishing out some payback to players on the other sideline whom were making it a personal thing with him the entire game.
100 percent agree. I am still angry as hell with the targeting on Baker. Kansas showed their true colors with the no handshake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT