ADVERTISEMENT

DT Isaiah Coe returning this season....

CTOkie

Sooner starter
Sep 20, 2001
Portland Ct.
and along with Jordan Kelley, he will anchor OU's DL.
Behind Coe and Kelley, there are:
ND transfer Jacob Lacey
Returnees Alton Tarber, Gracen Halton and Reggie Grimes (who I think may not be returning)
Freshmen newcomers Ashton Sanders and Derrick LeBlanc
Safe to say, OU needs to add a DL or two.

Last edited:
ND transfer Jacob Lacey
Returnees Alton Tarber, Gracen Halton and Reggie Grimes (who I think may not be returning)
Freshen newcomers Ashton Sanders and Derrick LeBlanc
Did we lose Gilliam?

can we say that Grimes was a disappointment this year? He got a lot of hype early on but seemed to be nonexistent for most of the season

Mention of Texas St Sears being on campus, he's a big boy, but I would like to see BV go after Anthony Lucas from A@M, 6'5 290.

Reactions: CalSooner
ND transfer Jacob Lacey
Freshen newcomers Ashton Sanders and Derrick LeBlanc
Rumor has it that Reggie's dad advised him stay at OU. That the portal would not be a good option and too early to leave for the NFL. Reggie saw far less snaps this year. Did Mason Thomas overtake Reggie in realtime?

Reactions: iasooner2000
Its our biggest need position - UGA did not have elite edge passers but flushed Duggans from the pocket repeatedly with the NT/DT push. We don't need depth (we had that this year), we need a difference maker. This past recruiting cycle was disappointing if not a whiff at DT, but hopefully the kid out of LA is a diamond in the rough.

Without a Tommie Harris, Gerald McCoy or even a Dusty Dvoracek its not really going to matter what scheme we run, but I can't believe there has been no shake up on the D staff that oversaw the 123rd ranked D in the final NCAA standings: https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22/p3

Reactions: ShamWowed
Its our biggest need position - UGA did not have elite edge passers but flushed Duggans from the pocket repeatedly with the NT/DT push. We don't need depth (we had that this year), we need a difference maker. This past recruiting cycle was disappointing if not a whiff at DT, but hopefully the kid out of LA is a diamond in the rough.

Without a Tommie Harris, Gerald McCoy or even a Dusty Dvoracek its not really going to matter what scheme we run, but I can't believe there has been no shake up on the D staff that oversaw the 123rd ranked D in the final NCAA standings: https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22/p3
I made mention of this prior to the season. We lost all of our DL starters and major contributors last year. With the bidding wars for elite DL, I'm afraid we better start coaching up and bulking up our recruits with a sense of urgency and pray for transfers that can make a difference. Until this staff starts putting DL in the NFL, I am unconvinced we can compete with the amount of money being thrown around by A$M and the heavy-weights in the SEC.

ADVERTISEMENT