ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone hear Herbstreit and Fowler re players meeting...

Dec 19, 2004
...after the Texas game. Maybe I just missed it but I heard of no such meeting. No coaches allowed, players only!! The players came out saying they wanted the practices faster and harder. Not the coaches but the players!! I would imagine our Mr Mayfield was a big voice in that meeting! A big vote of thanks to our players and all our new coaches.
Great victory Saturday but I wish they would have had their starting QB able to play. Already hearing OH it would have been different if they didn't have to play their freshman QB.
Great games this weekend including big 12 OSU/BAYLOR and OU/TCU my DVR will burn out this weekend!!!

...after the Texas game. Maybe I just missed it but I heard of no such meeting. No coaches allowed, players only!! The players came out saying they wanted the practices faster and harder. Not the coaches but the players!! I would imagine our Mr Mayfield was a big voice in that meeting! A big vote of thanks to our players and all our new coaches.
Great victory Saturday but I wish they would have had their starting QB able to play. Already hearing OH it would have been different if they didn't have to play their freshman QB.
Great games this weekend including big 12 OSU/BAYLOR and OU/TCU my DVR will burn out this weekend!!!

Yep, I caught that too...glad you brought it up.

This tells me the success of this team is well, team driven!
That is the fellows are calling the shots...to a reasonable point.
We couldn't hope for a better situation. The coaches are taking and considering feedback from the team!

This is huge...and maybe unprecedented.
Oh, and just when I thought my allegiance to this team was in error...they do this shit and totally redeem themselves!

Enjoy the ride guys...it only gets better!

Wow, four exclamation points...I must be stoked!
Oops there's another one!
Oh my...never mind...:p

Some of us were talking about this immediately after the RRR. Coaches can only do so much in the area of motivation. It's the players and especially the leaders on the team that have to step up and make that happen. I heard about the meeting a while back. My info said that it was mostly Kasitati and Darlington. At the time, Ty was banged up and both he and Nila had missed a start. And practice time.

At that time, Mayfield was still getting is legs under him as a team leader. We have a quarterback who is a team captain, but it's that Knight kid. I suspect Striker had a thing or two to say, too. I know one thing. One of our other captains has played a whole lot better since the meeting. Charles Tapper.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT