ADVERTISEMENT

Dede Westbrook 4.34 official time Wow!

How about the combine winner this year, John Ross (WR) of Washington. 4.22
fastest ever AFAIK. beat Chris Johnson's long time record of 4.24

That is insane speed. Complaints against him are he's too small and weak for the receiver position in the NFL, but crap, all he has to do is outrun guys. Dede too.

Yeah, but he injured himself trying to run that fast so that's a big red flag for me. Durability issues?

My Steelers have been burned too many times by drafting players with ELITE speed, but are small. Those players generally don't make it. You need big players with ELITE speed that can take NFL hits.

Yeah, but he injured himself trying to run that fast so that's a big red flag for me. Durability issues?

My Steelers have been burned too many times by drafting players with ELITE speed, but are small. Those players generally don't make it. You need big players with ELITE speed that can take NFL hits.

Then your Steelers might like Dede. While 8 reps of 225 might not sound that impressive, I gotta say I'm impressed for a 5'11" dude that weighs only 176lbs. That's pretty crazy strength:size ratio if you ask me.

I remember in weight lifting class, the 150% club was always the big marker. You were considered a beast if you could bench 150% of your weight. If Dede can bench 225 8 times, then I don't know if 265 is a stretch for one rep. Probably, but I bet he's damn close.

Antonio Brown is 10lbs heavier and an inch shorter...he ran 4.47 he is quick and good speed too.

but DeDe is quick and fast....I see Dede as a possible durability concern...and strength, that is not taking anything away from what he has done or will do. Its just common sense,.if they can put him in the slot with S match ups giving him space to maneuver he will be a nightmare for any team

Last edited:

Antonio Brown is 5'10....he's pretty good.

Then your Steelers might like Dede. While 8 reps of 225 might not sound that impressive, I gotta say I'm impressed for a 5'11" dude that weighs only 176lbs. That's pretty crazy strength:size ratio if you ask me.

I remember in weight lifting class, the 150% club was always the big marker. You were considered a beast if you could bench 150% of your weight. If Dede can bench 225 8 times, then I don't know if 265 is a stretch for one rep. Probably, but I bet he's damn close.

I used to do 225 8 times as part of my workout, and I would max around 315....I'll bet de de can throw up something similar.

Reactions: iasooner1
IMO, Westbrook may be the best pure deep threat WR that OU ever had and that says a lot.
Spring drills will answer many questions about OU's WR corps, among other areas of concern.

Reactions: iasooner1
I don't recall "everyone" freaking out over Shepard's departure. Stoops has a history of reloading at WR each season since his first year. The WR position seems to be the one position that stays at least fairly solid from season to season. I expect 2017 to follow the same course.....and the transfer from Kentucky (Jeff Badet) would be a nice addition.

How quick we forget. There was a time when OU had Broyles & no one. After he left, it got worse.
....and all we had after Broyles left in 2011 were Saunders, Stills, Brown, Metoyer and Shepard.....with Neal and Bester trying to crack the WR rotation.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT