ADVERTISEMENT

Decisions, Decisions and Rhymes

AbsoluteZer0

Sooner signee
Jul 10, 2008
Owasso, OK
Here is an ESPN article on OU's 2015 season and what needs to be done. Or you can read my little ditty below. Your choice!

The QB situation - We all know that it is a roller coaster. The new OC is going to have a big impact here. Full on Air Raid type offense or are we going to be more prudent and use our running backs that have significant talent to offset the possible problems in this area? (no rhymes, just realty because there isn't anything else here)

(Now the rhymes and fun!)

The RB arena - Perine is tested and true. Give him the ball and he's good for a few. What about Mixon? Will he play his part? The wonder of it all isn't for the faint of heart. I suspect he will prove a significant role and run through the defensive line like a mole.

The receivers - It's true that we are as worried as to what last year has been done, but we think you'll see this year we are less pretending and more fun. The key is to shape each game as what it is, more collage football and less pretension, and yet more fire and expectation!

The Defense - The over under isn't pretty, but last year the secondary was pretty shitty. Let's follow our linebackers intently, because to the championship they help a lot evidently. Less points that other teams do not score, allows our offense time to shore. It is here that our fate will be met, or the entire season I will regret. I sincerely hope that Mike's underwear isn't made of lace...because if it is, his ass will need to be replaced.

I'm no lyricist, but I did try. For all you who think the entire thing sucked...you can simply call up your boyfriend and go get F... I think I'll stop here.

All in good fun! #offseasonhumor

I think the biggest issue is going to be a back up for Perine. I think the star of the team is going to be Mixon playing a hybrid receiver/rb, but they're going to need a second guy to be strictly a running back. And I don't think Ross is that guy. We'll see.

The defense in the spring looked okay, and help is coming. The new young tackles will be a pleasant surprise, albeit with growing pains. If Shep and Dede stay healthy, we'll be better than solid at receiver, and Todd will be a strong contributor. I believe we'll have four very good inside linebackers on defense. Might even start two guys named Evans.

The only place I don't feel pretty good about are the GCG. They were not very good last season. Same guys. I'd love it if a young guy proved himself and beat one of them out.

I think the new guy will be great at punter. I'm less confident about his PK. Nobdy proven there. But that wasn't exactly great in 2014.

Reactions: Section22Sooner
I think the biggest issue is going to be a back up for Perine. I think the star of the team is going to be Mixon playing a hybrid receiver/rb, but they're going to need a second guy to be strictly a running back. And I don't think Ross is that guy. We'll see.

The defense in the spring looked okay, and help is coming. The new young tackles will be a pleasant surprise, albeit with growing pains. If Shep and Dede stay healthy, we'll be better than solid at receiver, and Todd will be a strong contributor. I believe we'll have four very good inside linebackers on defense. Might even start two guys named Evans.

The only place I don't feel pretty good about are the GCG. They were not very good last season. Same guys. I'd love it if a young guy proved himself and beat one of them out.

I think the new guy will be great at punter. I'm less confident about his PK. Nobdy proven there. But that wasn't exactly great in 2014.

I really think the offense is going to ok. Not great, but good enough to win most games. I'm really hoping that the defense can step up. I think the article actually had a great point on Striker, he has to be cut loose and do what he does best. If the defense on the whole isn't great, a good pass rusher can really disrupt things.

I just hope that they come out with some hunger and fire. It's really been lacking. If I see that, I won't be as upset if we lose as long as we play hard and give it all we have.

Reactions: Medic007
Awesome post Zer0. The fact that it rhymes as well makes me want to throw my bra on stage.

Thanks Medic! I'm no rap scholar but I do try my hand every once in a while when the universe is in alignment. and LOL at the bra...I didn't know you like sequins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT