ADVERTISEMENT

Day at The Opening - final thoughts

972Sooner

Sooner starter
Nov 27, 2017
Just some quick thoughts , no deep technical reviews .,

EJ Ndoma - Ogar .
I’d characterize his performance as “ solid “ not dominating , but didn’t have ugly loses either , other then when Bryan Bresee had a hands to the face and shoved him down .

Stacey Wilkins
Looks bigger in person then photos , but Wylie & Tiffany Byrd could add 30lbs of “ good “ weight and he’d be scarey good . He basically used his length and DL’s couldn’t get around him . Ridiculous frame . Hope beadenbaunce wins this one .

Spencer Rattler
Skill comments not needed but he had such a command presence and sense of urgency it was like watching Bake come back at TN . Yeah I know it’s touch ball with no contact . Might have to revalue how quickly he plays esp if he ends up an EE .

Jase McClellan
One of a handful of 2020 guys . Doing Jase things , good catching out of the backfield , looking healthy again . Most importantly it was great getting to play and win with #newwave19. I was hoping to chat with his mom but team overdrive sidelines was credentials only . Didn’t take a backseat imo to any of the 19 backs including a few OU targets Kenny Macintosh , devyn Ford ect .

Trejan Bridges

Just didn’t seem to get that many targets for what ever reason ?? . Spencer was locked into Theo and why not ? Even after he limped off and came back in . Theo was just on fire .

Austin Stogner
No offense to grayson Boomer but man Stogs is so athletic . On the one high errant pass from Rattler in the back of the end zone he almost made an incredible play . Then paid for it with nasty turf burn . Came right back and made that ridiculous 2 point catch in the other corner .

Darnell Wright #1 ranked OT made the top 5 saw him get dominated a few times . EJ and Wilkins didn’t make the top 5 lineman .

Speaking of top lineman Bryan Bresee SDE 2020 def stood out #3 ranked player in class . OU made his “ top 15”

Jaquaze Sorrells DL out of FL

Speaking of dominating Wright . Great motor , made the top 5 DL deservingly so . EJ did a good job against him though .

Marquez Beason DB
Making plays all over the field . He’s really going to Illinois ???

Kayvon Thibodeaux
Looked ok , didn’t jump out to me . Maybe he was over it by day 4 ? Made the top 5 DL group though .

I didn’t see Wilkins and EJ having any convo during down time . Dosen’t mean much and both guys are pretty soft spoken and maybe not much after 4 days to talk about . Just an observation .

Garrett Wilson
Wow looked way more improved then in the playoffs last fall . One of the top 3 WR with Theo and Haselwood . Kid is so smooth , glad he’s a buckeye not a shorthorn .

Team Overdrive

Just too much chemistry here . No other team was gonna win . Plus despite the pod comments about 4 days being wayyyy too long for kids , they were serious & competitive . Then you had Bo Nix just chucking the ball downfield . No precision passing and check downs like Rattler .

Can’t wait to see these guys together 3-4 years whew .

I’m disappointed I didn’t get to see Flowe , o well .

Can Scoop validate my free parking ? ;) @Carey Murdock

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.