ADVERTISEMENT

David Ugwoegbu

Patriotgame

Sooner commitment
Oct 22, 2002
Anybody hearing why he would leave? It doesn't make sense, to me at least, if he desires to play pro ball...

Im sure he was told his starting spot isnt guarenteed next year, that one of the younger guys had an edge over him. Or he was asked to move to DE since he wasnt the fleetest of foot.

Reactions: Patriotgame
Im sure he was told his starting spot isnt guarenteed next year, that one of the younger guys had an edge over him. Or he was asked to move to DE since he wasnt the fleetest of foot.
I would want the fleetest of foot especially on the ends.

So instead of choosing to compete, he runs away.

David U. is physically imposing middle backer but always seemed out of position in pass coverage. I don't think it's any secret Kanak is going to push hard for one of starting spots in the middle and Stutsman was blossoming the last quarter of the season.

David is a starter for a lot of programs but was likely going to lose his position in 2023. I think it's a wise move for his future to finish at a place where he's knows he'll be the guy and collect another year of tape for the NFL.

Stutsman is a large guy and was getting a feel for his zones. I think he'll slide into the middle and Kanak takes over the weakside. I'm starting to think Bowen will be a day 1 starter at cheetah, letting Billy and Key remain at safety with Pearson maybe pushing out Key.

David U. is physically imposing middle backer but always seemed out of position in pass coverage. I don't think it's any secret Kanak is going to push hard for one of starting spots in the middle and Stutsman was blossoming the last quarter of the season.

David is a starter for a lot of programs but was likely going to lose his position in 2023. I think it's a wise move for his future to finish at a place where he's knows he'll be the guy and collect another year of tape for the NFL.

Stutsman is a large guy and was getting a feel for his zones. I think he'll slide into the middle and Kanak takes over the weakside. I'm starting to think Bowen will be a day 1 starter at cheetah, letting Billy and Key remain at safety with Pearson maybe pushing out Key.

I just learned more from reading your post than a week of listening to local sports talk.

Nailed it BCwitha sledge.

I just learned more from reading your post than a week of listening to local sports talk.

Thanks. These are just my opinions and speculations. I'm a bit obsessive. In my college days it was my intention to be a coach and I had a decent notebook with a defensive scheme that Venables would have drew up if he took a lead pipe through his noggin.

Nailed it BCwitha sledge.

Going to be really interesting seeing what shakes out in the secondary. Woodi has 1 side locked up at CB and gotta think Gentry Williams is the favorite at the other but Kani Walker could make a push. Got a lot of guys that can play safety. Key could even slide back to CB if Pearson and Robert Spears Jennings develops. That's not even everybody or the incoming freshman. Kendal Dolby and Makari Vickers are 2 names to watch at CB in my opinion.

I heard that BV made this topic a prime subject of the first team meeting this semester. Everyone was told that no one was locked into a starting position. Without naming names BV stated that some starters from last year could expect much stronger competition this year. BV made a point of expressing the "wide open" depth chart for 2023. A few of the upper classmen had one on one with BV. I expect David was feeling less secure in his position than others. David was a part of the 120th rank defense in CFB. Some believe he did not perform as well in 2022 as he did in prior seasons. Regardless, he has decided to move on. For many of us hoping to see much better days ahead or our defense, this can be considered a good sign.

ADVERTISEMENT