ADVERTISEMENT

David Boren & Oklahoma people

trader1973

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jun 8, 2005
I am apologizing in advance if my sentiments have been voiced on this board before but I am just real proud of the way David Boren handled this situation during such a difficult time. Hopefully athletic recruits and prospective students can see that OU is a well run university with outstanding leadership at the top w/President Boren.

I am an OU alum that was in the greek system and was defintely one of very few students that was a jewish kid from the northeast part of the country. What made my whole experience at OU so great was the quality of the people of the state of Oklahoma and Texas to a smaller degree. I am upset that this latest incident has given the university, the state of oklahoma, and fraternity life a huge black eye. Over 75k has been raised for the SAE chef that was left with out a job due to the house closing down. That is what Oklahoma and brotherhood is all about which is more indicative of the majority of people affliliated with OU. I was moved to tears from the support this man received from former SAE members who contributed to the cause who held this chef in such high regard as a person.

I am hoping the long term benefits of this incident will exponentially outweigh the short-term reprecussions for the university. Live on University!

trader

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.