ADVERTISEMENT

Dang....tough break for Loadholt...

Phil Loadholt suffers what they think is a torn Achilles in his left foot. Tough break for the guy after working to bounce back from his injury last season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...injures-left-leg-preseason-game-vs-buccaneers

It did not appear that there was any contact on the play. He just moved to pull inside from RT and just fell. That is a year of recovery for normal sized guys. Somebody that big might take longer.

It really does suck.

That really sucks big time. Sure seems like former OU guys have bad breaks in the pros. Maybe it happens to guys from every school.

That is a year of recovery for normal sized guys. Somebody that big might take longer.

Ya Plaino I was wondering about that. Wasn't sure how long these injuries typically took to recover from. I know they mentioned him being done for the year, but didn't now it could take even longer than that to recover from. A guy his size may not even be 100% by this time next year. I really hope he can bounce back and keep going. Really bad break they mentioned how hard he worked to come back after his pec injury last year.

BR, in the old days, an achilles injury was career ending. But even for people who aren't in pro sports, it's usually a year of recovery and a long time with crutches and eventually a boot. The point is that it takes quite a while to just be able to walk. To block a pass rusher? That's going to take a while.

From everything I've read its a 6 month recovery time. Not saying you are wrong but where are you getting a year?

Reactions: BillyRay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT