ADVERTISEMENT

Crow has never tasted so good...

sooner_steamroll

Sooner starter
Oct 28, 2003
Unless someone else has done it - I'll be the first to eat my crow.

I picked Baylor to win 38-34. Here's my original post in the prediction thread (just to help season my crow)...
38-34, Baylor.

I don't see our run game getting going against Baylor's more than stout D-line. Oakman will probably have a couple sacks, and Billings is a beast.

I do think we'll get a couple sacks, but their running game is good enough and their receivers are just absurdly good.

We lose, but it's much more of a validation to Baylor being a ridiculously good team than it is to us being a bad one. Baylor's receivers are fricking incredible. Just too many weapons.

Our O-line is too young and inconsistent to make me believe they'll keep Mayfield upright long enough for him to compensate for our lack of a running game this week. If they were better, I absolutely believe we would win.

I have never been so glad to eat crow in my life. It's delicious. I was wrong on just about all counts. We ran the ball with authority, and our OL held up MUCH better in pass protection than I thought they would.

BOOMER SOONER!!!!

Also - I predicted us to go 10-2 at the beginning of the year with losses to Tennessee and Baylor... I'm glad I was wrong. Boy am I glad I was wrong!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.