ADVERTISEMENT

Cowherd and Bayless

CTOkie

Sooner starter
Sep 20, 2001
Portland Ct.
Both have decided that Venables is a poor choice to replace Riley and for me, I wonder if these millionaire reporters really do their homework.... whether it's about OU or anything.
What we saw in 2021, Riley's final year at OU, was a team that struggled to beat 5 teams with losing records to earn a ten-win season and a win over a decimated Oregon team.
Caleb Williams was THE reason those ten wins and 508 points were possible and OU's weaknesses were concealed.
For the record, Bayless predicted a national championship with Rattler winning the Heisman for 2021.
Venables took on a team for 2022 without Caleb Williams, who, if he had stayed at OU last season, another ten-win season could easily have happened.
Losing both Williams and Rattler, Venables brought in Gabriel who is a fine QB, but he's no Caleb Williams, which is certainly no condemnation of him.
But through no fault of Gabriel, OU probably won't be as good as it can be until Venables solidifies a defensive culture and Jackson Arnold takes over at QB....next year.

Caleb Williams was THE reason those ten wins and 508 points were possible and OU's weaknesses were concealed.

I agree, but you know what's funny is that if you go back and read some of the posts on here after Caleb transferred to USC, quite a few folks on here said that Dillon Gabriel was as good or better than him and there would be no drop-off at the quarterback position.

Reactions: CalSooner
I hope to see an improvement on the field, but off the field, Venables has already exceeded anything Riley ever did. Highest GPA in OU athletic history, kids going to class, (guess Riley didn't care about that). These guys may never win an NC but they are better prepared for life after football than they ever would have been under Riley

Both have decided that Venables is a poor choice to replace Riley and for me, I wonder if these millionaire reporters really do their homework.... whether it's about OU or anything.
What we saw in 2021, Riley's final year at OU, was a team that struggled to beat 5 teams with losing records to earn a ten-win season and a win over a decimated Oregon team.
For the record, Bayless predicted a national championship with Rattler winning the Heisman for 2021.
Venables took on a team for 2022 without Caleb Williams, who, if he had stayed at OU last season, another ten-win season could easily have happened.
Losing both Williams and Rattler, Venables brought in Gabriel who is a fine QB, but he's no Caleb Williams, which is certainly no condemnation of him.
But through no fault of Gabriel, OU probably won't be as good as it can be until Venables solidifies a defensive culture and Jackson Arnold takes over at QB....next year.
Cowherd is a moron
He is dick riding Riley so hard right now I bet he can smell his semen.

And you’re calling someone else a moron?
So you think him saying the things he’s say which are not true okay ? You like him dick riding Riley if so gtfo! I have never seen so many argumentative people on one site in my life half of you don’t even act like OU fans .

They are shock jocks and Cowherd has always targeted OU. He dogged Venables but covered his ass by saying the schedule is so bad we'd luck into 11 wins, so either way he gets to be right.

No idea how he go such status in the world of sports media.

They are shock jocks and Cowherd has always targeted OU. He dogged Venables but covered his ass by saying the schedule is so bad we'd luck into 11 wins, so either way he gets to be right.

No idea how he go such status in the world of sports media.
Agree.
My issue with these two “experts” is because they don’t do their home work. That they don’t like OU, I couldn’t care less.
I’ll stick to my opinion of Venables being the best choice OU made. Any other coach that might have been considered could not have failed better with the roster he inherited.

So you think him saying the things he’s say which are not true okay ? You like him dick riding Riley if so gtfo! I have never seen so many argumentative people on one site in my life half of you don’t even act like OU fans .

Show me where it is required to be a perverted homo a-hole to qualify as an OU fan.

Agree.
My issue with these two “experts” is because they don’t do their home work. That they don’t like OU, I couldn’t care less.
I’ll stick to my opinion of Venables being the best choice OU made. Any other coach that might have been considered could not have failed better with the roster he inherited.

Bayless is a sunshine pumper for the Sooners so he may genuinely thinks Venables isn't "the guy", but he's still a shock jock. Riley made him look like a doofus with all the playoff blowouts.

Personally, I think the recruiting alone suggests we made the right hire. Venables and Lebby need to get on the same page in mid game adjustments and the culture change will take care of a lot. These guys would fight a grizzly for BV and that will reflect in effort every play. We won't win them all but I don't think we'll see another loss because we thought some team was gonna come in and lay down because the name on the front of the jersey said Sooners.

Bayless is a sunshine pumper for the Sooners so he may genuinely thinks Venables isn't "the guy", but he's still a shock jock. Riley made him look like a doofus with all the playoff blowouts.

Personally, I think the recruiting alone suggests we made the right hire. Venables and Lebby need to get on the same page in mid game adjustments and the culture change will take care of a lot. These guys would fight a grizzly for BV and that will reflect in effort every play. We won't win them all but I don't think we'll see another loss because we thought some team was gonna come in and lay down because the name on the front of the jersey said Sooners.
Good post, bc.
I also believe that OU’s football rebuilding effort is an example of taking “baby steps” and that the ultimate goal is still at least a year away.
So far, since the end of last season, things seem to be heading in the right direction. And as bad as it was last season, a lot of lessons were learned and a lot of motivation for future seasons was established.

Reactions: windowsngutters
Good post, bc.
I also believe that OU’s football rebuilding effort is an example of taking “baby steps” and that the ultimate goal is still at least a year away.
So far, since the end of last season, things seem to be heading in the right direction. And as bad as it was last season, a lot of lessons were learned and a lot of motivation for future seasons was established.

I think we get a lot me more insight to what's going on in today's media fueled world, where in the past we were relegated solely to what journalism was putting out. We as fans saw the onfield results and returning players and that was our only real window into the future of the program.

Having said that, in 1999 we saw some similar trends. Had we had insight into the culture change Bob had really established, and considering the returning guys, we may have known Oklahoma was in for a big jump. Maybe not as big as we saw, but I don't think anybody was even expecting to compete with Nebraska and Kansas State.

Back to 2023, everybody that's left on the roster has bought in. Some really talented guys are in year 2 of the system, many have had Schmitty overhauls. I'm not saying the magic of that 2000 season is around the corner, but I wouldn't be shocked to see exit the Big XII as it's champs.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Cowturd is absolutely one of the worst on air. He just spews crap for headlines and clicks. He's wrong, I'm guessing about 90% of the time. As for Bayless, he's a windbag that nobody really respects.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT