ADVERTISEMENT

Couple of Tidbits I've Noticed From The Last Game

Hambone694

Sooner commitment
Apr 21, 2015
Just a couple of things I wanted to post about. I noticed these while I was going back through the game working on the weekly highlight video.
1. After Dede scored the TD to put us up 14-3. He quickly flung the ball backwards after taking just about three steps. And I said to my dad, " I really hope someone tells him to hold on to that a little longer BC one of these refs might say he didn't have a catch, or maybe in another game he'll let it go before he gets to the goal line." He's done this a couple of times and I was just a little concerned. But sure enough when ESPN U showed the sideline Riley was talking to him about it. Really impressed me that he noticed that.
2. Striker sometimes leaves his feet too soon when trying to make a tackle. I feel like he sometimes does this against mobile quarterbacks so they can't get away or get out of his grasp. But when he plays a slower guy I wish he would just use a form tackle. Maybe he knows what he's doing. I'm interested in seeing how he tackles against baylor. Also, he had iowa state's snap count down. Striker was flying off the ball.
Just some small tidbits, but it's the little things like those that can really pay off in tight games. And I Ioved seeing Riley catch a small thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.