ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Standings for the past decade.

If one team dominates a conference so often, yet compiles a poor postseason resume, what does that say of that conference's strength ? Especially this past year.

If one team dominates a conference so often, yet compiles a poor postseason resume, what does that say of that conference's strength ? Especially this past year.

We haven't dominated the last two years. The CCG's against Texas and Baylor were very competitive games in seasons where we had a conference loss.

Last season, the Horns had the kind of injuries that led to our playoff embarrassment. At the conference level, we've had some good fortune. Last year, we faced a bunch of back up QB's. Texas is close to us as a team, and maybe a hair better in recruited talent.

And next season, they'll have way more experience at quarterback. We're not way better than half the conference. Just a little more consistent.

We barely beat TCU at home. They didn't make a bowl game. We barely beat Baylor twice. Texas was missing 7 or 8 starters. We won a tight game. We haven't started a season without qb experience since the conference winning streak began.

It's a whole new paradigm in 2020.

We haven't dominated the last two years. The CCG's against Texas and Baylor were very competitive games in seasons where we had a conference loss.

Last season, the Horns had the kind of injuries that led to our playoff embarrassment. At the conference level, we've had some good fortune. Last year, we faced a bunch of back up QB's. Texas is close to us as a team, and maybe a hair better in recruited talent.

And next season, they'll have way more experience at quarterback. We're not way better than half the conference. Just a little more consistent.

We barely beat TCU at home. They didn't make a bowl game. We barely beat Baylor twice. Texas was missing 7 or 8 starters. We won a tight game. We haven't started a season without qb experience since the conference winning streak began.

It's a whole new paradigm in 2020.
5 straight conference championships, 6 championships over the past 8 years....you're right, no domination at all. Close games aren't relevant when they are wins.
As for OU's injuries/suspensions vs LSU: LSU would still be the better team and would have won decisively even against a fully intact OU team.

Reactions: Schoonerman
5 straight conference championships, 6 championships over the past 8 years....you're right, no domination at all. Close games aren't relevant when they are wins.
As for OU's injuries/suspensions vs LSU: LSU would still be the better team and would have won decisively even against a fully intact OU team.
I think we've been great in the conference. But I just have a strong disagreement that we've outgrown the Big XII and should go elsewhere, because we're so much better. We aren't.

The rest of the athletics dept is important. The Big Ten would be a disaster. The SEC would be worse. Claims like what you made, implying that we're just way better is incorrect.

i don’t think both have been in the 12 for a decade? Yep that’s what the small print at the bottom left corner says!

Thank goodness someone could read that. I swear I looked for fine print, because you don't asterisks something without explanation. I still didn't see it.

images

ADVERTISEMENT