ADVERTISEMENT

Commitee chair on OU

Bottom line is that we lost to Texass and we shouldn't have. People talk about our lack of defense, but on the other hand nobody talks about the putrid offense that Notre Dame or Michigan has.

I agree with you KC. The only reason they put these early ratings out are to get people to talk. I still would love to see a real playoff. Go with 16 teams and play it out. If you don't win enough games in the regular season you still won't make the playoff. At least we'd have a real playoff in division 1 football.

I don’t think we will ever see 16 but possibly 6-8. This year could very well set things in motion if Bama loses to UGA in the SECG and they still get in. That would mean likely Michigan or ND gets pushed out if the both win out.

I dont see this committee leaving Bama out even with not winning its conference. So far they havent showed the balls to do that. You can bet if an undefeated OU went into the CCG against a 11-1 WV team and lost they wouldnt get a mulligan like Bama would by still making the playoffs.

Reactions: CalSooner
I don’t think we will ever see 16 but possibly 6-8. This year could very well set things in motion if Bama loses to UGA in the SECG and they still get in. That would mean likely Michigan or ND gets pushed out if the both win out.

I dont see this committee leaving Bama out even with not winning its conference. So far they havent showed the balls to do that. You can bet if an undefeated OU went into the CCG against a 11-1 WV team and lost they wouldnt get a mulligan like Bama would by still making the playoffs.

Just look at how they rank the sec teams up after beating another sec team and how if they lose to another sec team they don't fall very far in the rankings. The sec is way down this year with a lot of crap offenses but that won't stop espin from praising bama's defense as being one of the best ever.

It really doesn't matter at this point what anyone thinks. If OU loses to WV, then the discussion is moot. If ND and Michigan don't lose for the rest of the season, then the discussion is moot. At the end of the day, let's play out the schedule and hope OU wins out, UGA loses to Bama, ND loses to the 'Cuse and Michigan loses to tOSU. If all 3 of those things happen, we are guaranteed Top 4. If only 2 of those 3 happen, then let the debate begin!!

I agree with you KC. The only reason they put these early ratings out are to get people to talk. I still would love to see a real playoff. Go with 16 teams and play it out. If you don't win enough games in the regular season you still won't make the playoff. At least we'd have a real playoff in division 1 football.

Let the conference championship games serve as round 1. Winner of all 5 P1 conferences plus 3 at-large make up the field of 8. Throw in a post-regular season game between the top two independents, with no guarantee of a playoff spot to the winner. (would keep the scheduling/games played equitable).

Let the conference championship games serve as round 1. Winner of all 5 P1 conferences plus 3 at-large make up the field of 8. Throw in a post-regular season game between the top two independents, with no guarantee of a playoff spot to the winner. (would keep the scheduling/games played equitable).

I will support any system that would keep the season going through Valentines Day. :cool: Winter sucks.

It really doesn't matter at this point what anyone thinks. If OU loses to WV, then the discussion is moot. If ND and Michigan don't lose for the rest of the season, then the discussion is moot. At the end of the day, let's play out the schedule and hope OU wins out, UGA loses to Bama, ND loses to the 'Cuse and Michigan loses to tOSU. If all 3 of those things happen, we are guaranteed Top 4. If only 2 of those 3 happen, then let the debate begin!!

I'd just like to thank you for not saying "mute"

I'd just like to thank you for not saying "mute"
And also for not saying “looses”.

ADVERTISEMENT